A Victor Mildrew page | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A Victor Mildrew page

Feb 23, 2006
The times they are a changing !
I know with this horrible Covid 19 and all its implications people are quite stressed and becoming irritable and more aggressive in general. What seems to me becoming a feature of Pasoti is how many people are having a good old whinge giving a Victor Mildrew feeling ! Yes its a forum and opinions are discussed and people are entitled to free speech. However on several topics theres a feeling of despair as there are so many uncalled for negative opinions.We are supposed to be supporting the club in difficult times, some take delight in being negative. The club is doing its best to stay afloat,its not easy for fans but its strange times.
Can we not have a Victor Mildrew page or complaints dedicated page for these posters to find their natural home.

Apr 1, 2009
Disagree totally with your request. Once you start herding negative opinions into one thread, allowing every other thread to be clean positive and uncritical, what sort of a forum have you got left? I appreciate that there are people who just want to hear positive things, or just want to read opinions that match their own, but to me the enjoyment is to read a range of opinions and particularly those that differ from my thoughts. I think it becomes incredibiy boring, and totally unrealistic, reading the same positive (or negative) opinion expressed over and over again.

You talk of "uncalled for negative opinions", but inevitably that is subjective. Football fans (in real life as opposed to internet forums) have a wide range of opinions, and surely a board like this should represent such diversity providing that these are articulated in a decent way. There is of course a line to be drawn, where the same points are repeated over and over again or where the argument goes too far, but separating positive and negative completely should be a non-starter.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
As long as the posts are on topic and within site rules differing opinions should be welcomed.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I don`t believe it, you can`t even spell my name correctly. :twisted:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
It is good to have a balanced forum and people are entitled to their views. We don't want to get too 1984 about it.

I must say though, the match day threads have been dreadful to read along with the game. A lot of knee jerk moaning and slagging players off when anything bad happens. The people that normally have to sit next to the culprits at the ground must be glad that fans aren't allowed in :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We are moderating this site as we think people want it moderated.

All opinions welcomes BUT now and again we have to remind people about their posting style.

Moaning is all part and parcel of being a football fan though isn’t it?

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Yes some of the in match negativity and criticism aimed at specific players does get on my wick at times and I wonder if these contributors have the best interests of the club at heart.... in order to avoid draconian censorship though perhaps Mods could be given the power to allocate banners such as “Habitual Moaner” or “Topic mam”. In fact Brechin Hedge would be a shoo-in for the latter banner after his comments on the Club Gold Lunch topic. Maybe Cock of the Week could make a comeback. :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's in the basement somewhere, I'll have a look and if he posts like that again he can wear it for a while.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Cock of the Week was a bit of fun, and most treat it as so (including us mods, most of who have deservedly had a turn). It was shelved because someone had a sense of humour failure over it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What about a weekly donkey award

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Random Irritations is a better description.

I'll start:
Cyclists.:)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The OP blames Covid but the moaners were here long before Covid and they'll still be here long after it's gone (if it ever goes). We all know who they are and we've learnt to live with them.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
GreenThing":1afm8u8j said:
Cock of the Week was a bit of fun, and most treat it as so (including us mods, most of who have deservedly had a turn). It was shelved because someone had a sense of humour failure over it.

Perhaps we could have a snowflake page where everything is polite & positive.