A word on our drummer | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A word on our drummer

greenteign

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
ā™£ļø Teign Valley Greens
Dec 27, 2016
I wanted to acknowledge the really important part played this season by our Devonport End drummer. I was a bit worried last Saturday at the start of the game when it sounded like the regular drummer had taken the day off (!) and whoever was standing in just wasn't up to the same standard at all. Thankfully, normal service was resumed in about the first 5 minutes and thereafter, as he's been all season, he was right on it. I know there are mixed views on the need for a drummer, but personally, I feel it really helps the atmosphere and galvanises the fans, especially in other areas of the ground aside from the Devonport. So, my thanks to our excellent drummer - you've done a brillaint job this season and I really hope you'll be back again next season for more of the same!

Apr 22, 2019
The drummer is my son - I'll pass the word of thanks on to him. As you say, someone else was supposed to be covering the 1st half & he was going to do the 2nd.
However, he quickly jumped in to take over.

His hands are still covered in blisters from the effort, but I've told him it was worth it, as getting the crowd going really turned us into the 12th man.
Thatā€™s a great effort from him, it makes the atmosphere so much better I think.

Did he go up to Rotherham? I thanked the lad who was doing the drumming there when I saw him in the concourse at HT.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Iā€™m just thankful we donā€™t have anything like that crappy ā€˜we only know three tunesā€™ band that turn up at England games. Bleddy awful.

Mar 14, 2024
I wanted to acknowledge the really important part played this season by our Devonport End drummer. I was a bit worried last Saturday at the start of the game when it sounded like the regular drummer had taken the day off (!) and whoever was standing in just wasn't up to the same standard at all. Thankfully, normal service was resumed in about the first 5 minutes and thereafter, as he's been all season, he was right on it. I know there are mixed views on the need for a drummer, but personally, I feel it really helps the atmosphere and galvanises the fans, especially in other areas of the ground aside from the Devonport. So, my thanks to our excellent drummer - you've done a brillaint job this season and I really hope you'll be back again next season for more of the same!
I sat directly in front of him at the Leicester game. Nearly blew my eardrums, but absolutely loved it!

Reactions: ArgyleSuze

greenteign

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
ā™£ļø Teign Valley Greens
Dec 27, 2016
The drummer is my son - I'll pass the word of thanks on to him. As you say, someone else was supposed to be covering the 1st half & he was going to do the 2nd.
However, he quickly jumped in to take over.

His hands are still covered in blisters from the effort, but I've told him it was worth it, as getting the crowd going really turned us into the 12th man.
He did a brilliant job!

Reactions: Floyd Pepper