Adam Randell - next season | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adam Randell - next season

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
greenpilled":szmlp58y said:
Nothing against Torquay but I'm glad they're staying down. The national league is a good level for our younger players going out on loan (providing Torquay want to take them) and more importantly, we should be looking to attract fans and players from that part of Devon to Argyle, the biggest club in the region. It becomes harder if they've got their own league club, only one division below us.

Re: Randell, the two division jump is not insignificant, but if we'd signed someone who'd been playing week-in week-out for a top 5 national league club I think we'd be expecting them to push for a first team place and hopefully he can do the same.
How petty, parochial and small-minded.

Do you think Liverpool and Everton fans begrudge Tranmere doing well or that Man. City and Man. United fans would begrudge, Rochdale, Oldham and Stockport, etc.

If Torquay had won yesterday they would have averaged about 3500 fans at most next season and most of them would have come from the Torbay and Newton Abbot area, hardly a hot-bed of latent Argyle support. If Argyle are to attract additional supporters from the wider Devon area, we will have to get into the Championship.

Before Randell and Law who was the last Argyle youngster to go on loan to Torquay and make genuine progress?

Neither Randell or Law are ready for League 1 still, but they might have been with a season in League 2. I'm sure that Gary Johnson would have been prepared to take a young player from Argyle next season in League 2 if he thought it was mutually beneficial.

Down the years and dating back to the likes of Peter Anderson and several others, Torquay has been more of a final fling for older Argyle players than a finishing school for youngsters.

Also, Devon needs 3 League teams to make us look just a little less of an outpost, miles from everyone else.

Aug 5, 2016
greenpilled":7b5v94ug said:
Nothing against Torquay but I'm glad they're staying down. The national league is a good level for our younger players going out on loan (providing Torquay want to take them) and more importantly, we should be looking to attract fans and players from that part of Devon to Argyle, the biggest club in the region. It becomes harder if they've got their own league club, only one division below us.

Re: Randell, the two division jump is not insignificant, but if we'd signed someone who'd been playing week-in week-out for a top 5 national league club I think we'd be expecting them to push for a first team place and hopefully he can do the same.

Totally agree. The selfish take is it is better for Argyle having a national league team so close by.