Adams press conference | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams press conference

S

spotted monkey

As for Luton in league 1 next season, who knows, but I am told that one bookie is offering a what seems to me a very generous 9/1 on them being promoted. No idea which one though as I'm not a betting man, just information I've heard.

Might be worth a few quid to those who enjoy a punt.

May 16, 2016
spotted monkey":1f8awp0l said:
As for Luton in league 1 next season, who knows, but I am told that one bookie is offering a what seems to me a very generous 9/1 on them being promoted. No idea which one though as I'm not a betting man, just information I've heard.

Might be worth a few quid to those who enjoy a punt.

Probably not worth it, I think they'll fail like we did at the last hurdle. We're both on a Bungee that will only stretch so far before dragging you back to where you started.

Aug 5, 2005
Ham Green":2d8hxfqt said:
f**k em.

Only thing worth visiting in Luton is the airport, without it that stinking hole would have gone bankrupt. And it's not just Luton that's a dump, pretty much every town surrounding it is a sh!thole too. Ever been to Harpenden, Bedford, Hitchin or Dunstable? Yikes. (Incidentally what is it with towns ending in -nstable being absolute dumpsters?)

Having to look at the Mod-Dec stand must be gutting if you're a Luton fan. What an eyesore. One might have levelled the same criticism at us but at least the old Grandstand had character, was designed by a notable architect and will look much better by this time next year.

They can beat us 5-1 every time for all I care, in fact they could beat us 10-1 and I'd still pity them. I'd still praise God, Allah, Buddha and the Flying Spaghetti Monster that my children and I will never have to live in Luton or support that joke of a club. Their most famous living fan is the closest thing the real world to Alan Partridge, their strip is the same as about nine other clubs, the town smells of regurgitated curry and the only building everyone in Luton knows the location of is the Jobcentre.

Currently reading this in a pub in Bedford.

You are a complete idiot who is an embarrassment to the club. You do realise that when you type things into the computer, people can read it?

Anyway, I'm very interested in your curry remark and would love to know what you meant by it

Sep 6, 2006
Quizmike":23gy6l4t said:
Ham Green":23gy6l4t said:
f**k em.

Only thing worth visiting in Luton is the airport, without it that stinking hole would have gone bankrupt. And it's not just Luton that's a dump, pretty much every town surrounding it is a sh!thole too. Ever been to Harpenden, Bedford, Hitchin or Dunstable? Yikes. (Incidentally what is it with towns ending in -nstable being absolute dumpsters?)

Having to look at the Mod-Dec stand must be gutting if you're a Luton fan. What an eyesore. One might have levelled the same criticism at us but at least the old Grandstand had character, was designed by a notable architect and will look much better by this time next year.

They can beat us 5-1 every time for all I care, in fact they could beat us 10-1 and I'd still pity them. I'd still praise God, Allah, Buddha and the Flying Spaghetti Monster that my children and I will never have to live in Luton or support that joke of a club. Their most famous living fan is the closest thing the real world to Alan Partridge, their strip is the same as about nine other clubs, the town smells of regurgitated curry and the only building everyone in Luton knows the location of is the Jobcentre.

Currently reading this in a pub in Bedford.

You are a complete idiot who is an embarrassment to the club. You do realise that when you type things into the computer, people can read it?

Anyway, I'm very interested in your curry remark and would love to know what you meant by it

But idiots don't realize they are idiots. Spent some time in Bedford and quite like it. Walks along the river etc.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ave_IT":3hre0vls said:
GreenThing":3hre0vls said:
It’s easy to list Luton’s successes, but I wonder how many they’ve signed who turn out to be flops? Adams has signed Carey, Bradley, Lameiras, Ladapo etc but we only hear about how crap our scouting network is.
True – I remember around this time last year Postey gave a really good summary of all of Adams’ signing since he’s been here - rating them Success, Failures or ‘Middling’ (or a similar term). At the time it seemed quite good on the whole – and actually since then some of those rated failures at the time would now be qualify as Success – like Lameiras. It would be interesting to see that updated now (says me volunteering someone else to do the donkey work :) ).

Every signing is a risk – there are bound to be hits & misses and we don’t get to see what goes on behind the scenes in training. Ainsworth & Wylde do seem bizarre …. and Lameiras was half way out the door before he was suddenly thrown into the Oldham game last year completely out of the blue. Spotted Monkey does touch on a point about lower league players …… I’ve always thought there are plenty of gems to be had at that level who have never had the breaks, or developed late, or had injury or immaturity issues but could easily hack it at least in L1 level (if not higher) – that goes for managers aswell as players :whistle:

Was it this from early January this year .......

PL2 3DQ":3hre0vls said:
Derek Adams has made 33 signings and 17 loan signings in his time as manager and I reckon he has a 48% success rate of signing very good players, a 30% rate of signing a dud and 22% rate of signing a player that just does a job and is bang average.
It’s obviously subjective, fans will have their favourite signings and no doubt many will disagree with my rating for players such as Miller, Spencer or Slew :) . Adams success rate or otherwise is consistent whether it’s a permanent signing or a loan signing.
Boateng and Wylde both had good first spells and were poor second time around, although a lot depends on selection for the first 11, for instance Ainsworth might be a very good player but isn’t getting a run in the team to show us what he can do and until recently most fans would have said Lameiras was a dud signing.

Permanent Signings
Lionel Ainsworth – average, still time to be a hit
Nathan Blissett – average
Sonny Bradley - hit
Nauris Bulvitis – average
Graham Carey - hit
Toumani Diagouraga - hit
Ryan Donaldson – average
Vincent Dorel – miss, not enough games
Ryan Edwards - hit
David Fox - hit
David Goodwillie- miss
Joel Grant - hit
David Ijaha - miss
Jake Jervis - hit
Ruben Lameiras – hit, just
Kyle Letheren - hit
Gary Miller – average
Marc McCallum – miss, not enough games
Jamie Ness – miss, still time to be a hit
Karleigh Osborne - miss
Antoni Sarcevic – average
Josh Simpson - miss
Jordan Slew – hit
Connor Smith – average
Jakub Sokolik - miss
Yann Songo’o - hit
Jimmy Spencer - hit
Ryan Taylor - hit
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - hit
Robbert te Loeke - miss
Oscar Threlkeld - hit
Gregg Wylde 1 – hit
Gregg Wylde 2 – miss

33 signings = 16 hit (48.5%), 10 miss (30.3%), 7 average (21.2%).

Loans
Hiram Boateng 1 - hit
Hiram Boateng 2 - miss
Nadir Ciftci - miss
Luke Croll - miss
Jordon Foster – average
Arnold Garita – average
Jordan Houghton – average
Matty Kennedy - hit
Will Mannion – average, only 1 game
Jamille Matt - hit
Remi Matthews - hit
Daniel Nardiello - miss
Kelle Roos - hit
Craig Tanner 1 - hit
Craig Tanner 2 - hit
Oscar Thelkeld - hit
Christian Walton – miss

17 loan signings = 8 hit (47.1%), 5 miss (29.4%), 4 average (23.5%).

Since January another five players signed - Remi Matthews again - loan
Zak Vyner - loan
Moses Makasi - loan
Simon Church
Paul Paton

And then this summer -
Matt Macey - loan
Harry Burgoyne - loan
Stuart O'Keefe - loan
Conor Grant
Calum Dyson
Tafari Moore