Aldershot - the 6 pointer of our history | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Aldershot - the 6 pointer of our history

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
In true Angus Deayton style,"In what way Mr Evans"

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oddball":1sa0eso6 said:
In true Angus Deayton style,"In what way Mr Evans"
three matches in charge.1 win and 2 draws and a clean sheet against the daggers and a clean sheet today against some intimidating opponents by all accounts.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
gariboldi":3symzagf said:
Never mind if we are being positive or negative, reflective or intuitive, the fact now is the forthcoming game at Aldershot has to be the most vital in the Club's history, I'd say EVER!! If an escape is ever going to be on then the team just above us is not one to lose to when you have played more games than most down there, I think including them. On Saturday a lot of boys in Green shirts must become men in armour. Our fans must infilitrate the place in even heavier numbers than usual and we must give as good as we get on the field of battle and not for a second be negatively leaning on a drawn sword.

I think Paul Sheridan has the right approach but he has been given so little time to about- turn the ship through 180 degrees by a certain non-decision to carry on regardless months ago. But we have what we have and it is massively important to get a result there. If not the water is not trickling but flooding in.

Its only worth 3 points like all the others - we could stay up if we lose and still go down if we win.

I would rate the FA Cup Semi in 1984 was the most vital in the club's history.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It's more mustn't lose than must win IMO. Other results go our way and it will be a point gained in the grand scheme of things. Certainly not the most important game in our history with 16 games to go.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Massive game.... cannot afford to lose. A win is needed but a draw is not a complete disaster it just builds up the pressure. We need to win games like these.

P

pafcstafford

It won't even come close to being the biggest of the season let alone history.

Dec 7, 2006
Of FFS, it's a bleddy game of football, not the end of the world! :roll: :funny:
blog26_dont_panic.jpg

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Chris Dennis":2x7qq2hx said:
gariboldi":2x7qq2hx said:
Never mind if we are being positive or negative, reflective or intuitive, the fact now is the forthcoming game at Aldershot has to be the most vital in the Club's history, I'd say EVER!! If an escape is ever going to be on then the team just above us is not one to lose to when you have played more games than most down there, I think including them. On Saturday a lot of boys in Green shirts must become men in armour. Our fans must infilitrate the place in even heavier numbers than usual and we must give as good as we get on the field of battle and not for a second be negatively leaning on a drawn sword.

I think Paul Sheridan has the right approach but he has been given so little time to about- turn the ship through 180 degrees by a certain non-decision to carry on regardless months ago. But we have what we have and it is massively important to get a result there. If not the water is not trickling but flooding in.

Its only worth 3 points like all the others - we could stay up if we lose and still go down if we win.

I would rate the FA Cup Semi in 1984 was the most vital in the club's history.

Are you saying that an FA Cup final appearance is more important than League survival? Surely not.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cannot afford to lose but we have to gamble a draw for a win IMO. Time to start being ruthless for the 3 points and not content in bring hard to beat.

That starts with dropping Murray.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
And Blackburn Rovers (h) in 1992 was big too.

With the fat man's cash injections around the time, and the football gravy train just cranking up, survival might have inspired much more. Might.

Perennial struggler at the bottom of the league or conference also-ran - is there that much difference now?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":3eit3xr7 said:
And Blackburn Rovers (h) in 1992 was big too.

With the fat man's cash injections around the time, and the football gravy train just cranking up, survival might have inspired much more. Might.

Perennial struggler at the bottom of the league or conference also-ran - is there that much difference now?

I agree with this, I think the Blackburn match was a huge turning point in our history. Alot of things may have been very very different if we had managed to win that game. I cant think of a single other match in my history of supporting Argyle that has turned out to be quite so pivotal.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
samjones":2moqs44h said:
Rob_GT4":2moqs44h said:
Historically in recent years these massive/must win/6 pointers have not been kind to us, and I'm afraid this one bares all the hallmarks of that fatefull day in Vicarage Road...

Agree. In recent years we have been particularly poor in these games and hence why we have been RELEGATION fodder.

Losing to the mighty Port Vale, Gillingham and all those "big" teams lol doesn't matter but losing to teams competing for RELEGATION does.

After February the fixtures only get tougher so the next 4 or 5 are must wins games as far as I am concerned otherwise we WILL GET RELEGATED

No lucky escape this year

Pleeeeeeease stop using capitals Sam. So f*****g ANNOYING !