Allotment of Shares | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Allotment of Shares

Jan 5, 2018
kernow19":1ni5ijkg said:
Well, looks like the news overnight has answered all the questions raised on this thread.

I was just going to say the same. This hardly commented on thread actually had the clues to a big story.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Good bit of digging...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Companies House now has a notice of "Resolution of removal of pre-emption rights".

Which means this ...
Shareholders in a company will often benefit from ‘pre-emption rights’. These give existing shareholders first refusal when a company is issuing new shares. If pre-emption rights exist, new shares in a company cannot be offered to other potential investors without first being offered to the current shareholder.

So the current directors/shareholders are offered the new shares first, if the shares are not taken up they can be offered to outside investors.

Is this just procedure for issuing new shares to Simon Hallett or a move to entice outside investment and funding?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
PL2 3DQ":317fddj6 said:
Companies House now has a notice of "Resolution of removal of pre-emption rights".

Which means this ...
Shareholders in a company will often benefit from ‘pre-emption rights’. These give existing shareholders first refusal when a company is issuing new shares. If pre-emption rights exist, new shares in a company cannot be offered to other potential investors without first being offered to the current shareholder.

So the current directors/shareholders are offered the new shares first, if the shares are not taken up they can be offered to outside investors.

Is this just procedure for issuing new shares to Simon Hallett or a move to entice outside investment and funding?

Based on your research I would say that any new shares issued (and thus investment) is no longer apportioned based on the existing shareholdings.

That can mean a few things I.e.:

SH looking to take a further stake in the club without needing to offer shares to the other shareholders first

Club opening it's doors to further investors, allowing them to invest in the club without having to buy shares from existing shareholders

Given SH's overall control of the club now I would suggest option 1 from the above.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010