Any news on incoming | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Any news on incoming

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
We started the window with 4 forwards that have started this season.

Taylor - still here. Phew

Ciftci - gone to Motherwell. Phew

Fletcher - gone to Torquay. Loan

Blissett - looking to leave to get 1st team opportunities.

Losing 1/4 was expected, 2/4 disappointing, 3/4 wasteful.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
The window doesn't close today, or even this week. Thursday is always a "news" day.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
Ade the green":391e35aa said:
Mark Pedlar":391e35aa said:
The window doesn't close today, or even this week. Thursday is always a "news" day.

Iā€™ll quote you tomorrow.

Just nervous that there seems to be no urgency coming out of Home Park, again.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

What would you class as urgency coming from Home park out of interest?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Daz":1qokt8jl said:
Ade the green":1qokt8jl said:
Mark Pedlar":1qokt8jl said:

Iā€™ll quote you tomorrow.

Just nervous that there seems to be no urgency coming out of Home Park, again.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

What would you class as urgency coming from Home park out of interest?

I believe that there has been an urgent need for another striker that can play a lone striker role or someone that can compliment our forward line. As such, I would have hoped that our targets had been found before the window open and the trigger pulled to get them on board soon after. As yet, nothing.

I also have a worry that with Adams being strict with his 1 target man only style that any possible recruits wonā€™t join us to sit on the bench.

I am further worried that should anything happen to Taylor after the window closes and no striker recruited then we will have no strike force at all with Ciftci gone (no loss) but Blissett does suit Adams style to a point or Blissett and Fletcher could play together which would mean Adams changing his style (which he wonā€™t).

There, do you want to carry on your interrogation or can you accept that iā€™m still not convinced.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You should ring Derek up Ade, offer your consultancy services! :twisted:

G

Greenskin

Army green":sh1prbk6 said:
Tugboat":sh1prbk6 said:
Army green":sh1prbk6 said:
Did we see it as a panic signing at the time? Iā€™m not so sure. Yes now looking back it certainly seems like it could have been a panic buy but Weā€™ve all got a degree in hindsight.
Put it this way, I donā€™t think he was on our list of potential targets.

It was only after 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and probably some other targets became unavailable for whatever reason.

It was then a ā€˜atleast get somebody inā€™ because we were pretty light upfront.

He wasnā€™t doing anything at Celtic, didnā€™t fit in with our formation, didnā€™t fit in with our effort standards and didnā€™t do what heā€™s paid to do, score.

Yeah true. Hopefully Adams has learned from this and brings in a striker that does fit in with style of play and formation. We need 3 good signings in this window as a minimum.

Let's also hope that the example of Toumani has sunk in at higher levels of the club and that Adams will be able to sign better than his 5th choice striker in this window.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
In order to get people in Ade we have to free up wages. This we have done so far and there is probably more to come. No good spending capital if you can't afford the running costs. There is plenty of time yet before the window closes. Thursday is news conference day but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't finish our business until the end of the month.

I'm as negative about Adams as they come but my knee isn't jerking yet.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ade the green":3h0779p9 said:
I believe that there has been an urgent need for another striker that can play a lone striker role or someone that can compliment our forward line. As such, I would have hoped that our targets had been found before the window open and the trigger pulled to get them on board soon after. As yet, nothing.

I also have a worry that with Adams being strict with his 1 target man only style that any possible recruits wonā€™t join us to sit on the bench.

I am further worried that should anything happen to Taylor after the window closes and no striker recruited then we will have no strike force at all with Ciftci gone (no loss) but Blissett does suit Adams style to a point or Blissett and Fletcher could play together which would mean Adams changing his style (which he wonā€™t).

There, do you want to carry on your interrogation or can you accept that iā€™m still not convinced.

In the words of Graham Taylor in an infamous exchange...

'You worry Ade, you worry. But don't make the f****king REST of us worry!'

'Go and worry on your own!'

Mar 8, 2016
Greenskin":3q9tbep7 said:
Army green":3q9tbep7 said:
Tugboat":3q9tbep7 said:
Army green":3q9tbep7 said:
Did we see it as a panic signing at the time? Iā€™m not so sure. Yes now looking back it certainly seems like it could have been a panic buy but Weā€™ve all got a degree in hindsight.
Put it this way, I donā€™t think he was on our list of potential targets.

It was only after 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and probably some other targets became unavailable for whatever reason.

It was then a ā€˜atleast get somebody inā€™ because we were pretty light upfront.

He wasnā€™t doing anything at Celtic, didnā€™t fit in with our formation, didnā€™t fit in with our effort standards and didnā€™t do what heā€™s paid to do, score.

Yeah true. Hopefully Adams has learned from this and brings in a striker that does fit in with style of play and formation. We need 3 good signings in this window as a minimum.

Let's also hope that the example of Toumani has sunk in at higher levels of the club and that Adams will be able to sign better than his 5th choice striker in this window.

Indeed, although I wonā€™t hold my breath on that one.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Now just for clarity and before it becomes FACT, Greenskin is voicing an opinion and Army Green has penned the word ā€˜indeedā€™ which again does not make it a FACT.

As I say, just for clarity.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":2wbf5uy0 said:
Ade the green":2wbf5uy0 said:

In the words of Graham Taylor in an infamous exchange...

'You worry Ade, you worry. But don't make the f****king REST of us worry!'

'Go and worry on your own!'

fudging ignore me if you donā€™t want to read my opinion. Itā€™s only my opinion.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah... I WAS being light-hearted.