Argyle and Albion ground share? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle and Albion ground share?

B

BBCJohn

The Doctor":1huu4qy7 said:
IF (and that's a BIG IF) it is possible for the two teams to share Home Park and not trash the pitch then I think it makes complete sense for the two clubs to share the facility. In fact I would go one step further and look to somehow join the two teams under some kind of Plymouth Sports Club umbrella and I'd bring Raiders into the mix also (playing in the new indoor arena that should be constructed as part of the updating of the south stand). I can only see benefits for everyone - teams, fans, sponsors - with an arrangement of this kind (on second thoughts, maybe there might be problems with cross-subsidies between the different teams) but NOT if the key piece of infrastructure, i.e. the pitch, can't cope.

I think that was precisely the plan of a previous board. They may have gone, but it remains a good idea.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Stonehouse Mike":3h9avt4n said:
Wycombe share with London wasps and their pitch looked ok the few times ive been there this season

Again that's different. Wycombe and Wasps (they can hardly be described as London Wasps) share management teams and Wasps are probably the daddys in that relationship with Wycombe as poor relations.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Everyone seems worried about the pitch............the only thing that concerns me is we didn't even pay for the bloody pitch........now im happy we will survive but gutted we are frowned upon as a bad debt.
Yes it makes complete sense

Jan 2, 2010
Two groups sharing the upkeep costs of the ground would be good though. Also, having teams play on different days we could share fans too. As someone sagely suggested - some kind of dual season ticket for both teams.

If the pitch is not shredded (and evidence from other clubs suggests it should survive) and costs are lowered, why not have as many of our sporting teams in one place?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
argylebaz":18merrh3 said:
Everyone seems worried about the pitch............the only thing that concerns me is we didn't even pay for the bloody pitch........now im happy we will survive but gutted we are frowned upon as a bad debt.
Yes it makes complete sense

Given the experience of our recent new pitch provider, I am sure any company in its' pitch trade association, would be reluctant to set foot in Plymouth ever again, should they be called in to repair the mess a rugby club would create with set scrums on a swamped surface as rain sweeps in off the sound in early December. I know it might be pragmatic financially but I have never been fond of the code sharing idea.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
The Doctor":3jq4cvkd said:
IF (and that's a BIG IF) it is possible for the two teams to share Home Park and not trash the pitch then I think it makes complete sense for the two clubs to share the facility. In fact I would go one step further and look to somehow join the two teams under some kind of Plymouth Sports Club umbrella and I'd bring Raiders into the mix also (playing in the new indoor arena that should be constructed as part of the updating of the south stand). I can only see benefits for everyone - teams, fans, sponsors - with an arrangement of this kind (on second thoughts, maybe there might be problems with cross-subsidies between the different teams) but NOT if the key piece of infrastructure, i.e. the pitch, can't cope.

:iagree: I'm with you on this, Doc. Might up the fan base also as we won't have the inevitable Footy and Rugby playing on the same day, clash.

...Now to sort out the youth fan base....how about moving the DJM matches to Sunday?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'd be much more likely to go to watch Albion if they played at Home Park and were linked in to Argyle somehow. Similarly Raiders. I can't really explain why.

B

bandwagon

From a commercial point of view, you have a BL etc that could be used twice as much in a year - if you want to know where the real money is, look no further!!