Argyle heroes of the past | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle heroes of the past

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Will there be one on Saturday? Let's hope so.

Started me thinking.

Who were previous "heroes" in the crucial games? The ones who made that vital contribution.

Easy one to start from me - Peter Hartley taking us to Wembley with his late, late goal v Pompey.

May 16, 2016
The old fella who was part of a parade around the pitch as part of a rememberance of a team from history - I'll be honest, I can't remember what it was - who, despite his obvious advanced years and mobility issues, lit up at seeing the warmth of the crowd and ran as best he could along the Lyndhurst.

Choked me and reaffirmed my belief in "Club" meaning so much. I thought that if that had been me and one of my last actions on this planet, I'd have been a happy man.

That, is a real Argyle hero.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The old fella who was part of a parade around the pitch as part of a rememberance of a team from history - I'll be honest, I can't remember what it was - who, despite his obvious advanced years and mobility issues, lit up at seeing the warmth of the crowd and ran as best he could along the Lyndhurst.

Choked me and reaffirmed my belief in "Club" meaning so much. I thought that if that had been me and one of my last actions on this planet, I'd have been a happy man.

That, is a real Argyle hero.

Marcus Murphy.