Argyle Life Free Agents Series | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Life Free Agents Series

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
We do as a rule, particularly when it comes to our Argyle-central stuff like match analysis and tactical previews. For this particular series it's been a little more on the basic level, at least when choosing candidates where we can look at their influence for their former clubs in terms of appearances, goals, assists and the like. Once we have a shortlist we can then delve a little deeper to see who should make the 'cut' for one of these. But yeah, in general terms it is at the heart of what we do.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pasoti posters seem to think that Madison wouldn’t meet the criteria that Dewsnip, Lowe and Hallett would sanction, do you agree?

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
Just adding the final free agents piece of the summer to the thread. We'll do one looking at potential loanees too, but that'll come later in the window. This one's on the available strikers, although I'm pretty sure one of our suggestions has already signed elsewhere since publishing!

Top 10: Free Agents – Strikers

“If I had the choice to get another one I would certainly do it. It has to be the right one.” Those were the words of Ryan Lowe when asked about Argyle’s pursuit of another striker. Granted, Argyle have Luke Jephcott, Ryan Hardie, Dom Telford and Frank Nouble on the books, as well as the versatile Byron Moore, who can all play up front. But Lowe has never shied away from his desire to add more firepower. Here are ten strikers available for free.

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
davie nine":3ervpgth said:
Pasoti posters seem to think that Madison wouldn’t meet the criteria that Dewsnip, Lowe and Hallett would sanction, do you agree?
I'd be surprised if that was the stumbling block in all honesty. There may be question marks over his attitude but a) I've not seen anything particularly above and beyond what you'd expect from a player and b) Lowe hasn't been put off by that in the past anyway - Callum McFadzean for example was hardly whiter than white before joining.

There's lots of reasons why signing Maddison may be difficult, but I'd be surprised if that would be the one that stops us. May be wrong of course.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
I think the defender Scott Wharton was an intresting one on that list. You would have thought he would have been a player that would have been on RL's list, that is, if he rated him, judging by his appearances you would think he did and the relationship he had with Aimson in the Bury defence.
Perhaps he was not available at the time or not was not wanting to move down to the South West, cant see any other reason for not going there, especially as we have signed two other young defenders on loan. Perhaps he just thinks he is not up to league 1.