Argyle - many fans second favourite team. Whose yours? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle - many fans second favourite team. Whose yours?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I spent 3 years at Swansea University in the 70s. At the time Swansea were below us in the leagues. Since that time I have wanted Swansea to do reasonably well, lose to us whenever we play them, and be below us in the leagues.
Thanks to their uncredible good fortune in having a City Council willing to fund a new stadium, they have obviously gone to the heights of the Prem and now are in the same league as us, I still want us to beat them, but I am pleased they seem secure enough. Cardiff on the other hand ...

John Squire

Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
Wolves
Growing up with my late brother Paul (TinTin) we were both football mad. Played it in the street in Pennycross, and in the field behind our house. Occasionally we would be quite daring and go up to the then Burrington School football pitch!
I’d be Wolves and he ‘d be Manchester United.

Wonderful memories

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Chatham Town at the moment as my nephew plays for them!

RB00194

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 8, 2024
Don't have a second team but always check the scores of Leeds and Torquay.

Nov 18, 2011
Sutton. I'm London based so it's good to have a nearby club to go see when I'm not able to see Argyle.
Got some mates who are season ticket holders so it's always a good time regardless of the result.
On that topic, I always look out for their results but it doesn't really affect me.

Although they had been in the league for a few years it very much still feels like a non league club, down to some of the players mixing with the fans in the club bar after the game. It gives a nice contrasting experience to going to an Argyle game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Dunfermline Athletic. I used to go to East End Park each and every Saturday to watch the 1st Team or Reserves in their respective leagues when I lived up there between 1970-73. Allows followed their results since.
Yep same for me apart from the date. The glory years were when I lived there 67/69.

Scottish Cup winners with our next door neighbour scoring 2 of the goals and semi final of the ECWC. Taking out WBA, Olympiakos, and Apoel Nicosia (10-1).

Feb 22, 2021
Worcester City, from when I lived there for a bit. Walking along the canal to evening games. Proper non-league, changing ends at half time to stay behind the goal and audible banter with visiting goalies. The old St Georges Lane ground has gone now sadly.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Torquay, my Grandfather was a season ticket holder with Torquay and my mother and i frequently went up to see them play, frequently Argyle and Torquay had a opposite schedule, each saturday it was Argyle home, Torquay away, next week Torquay home Argyle away. On Boxing day you could see 2 games Torquay in the morning Argyle in the afternoon.

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Arbroath, because it is my Mother's family home, and I spent many childhood Summers there. (My Mother was a teacher, hence we could spend 5 weeks or so there, with my Father joining us for his 2 weeks leave.) I still always look for their result and check where they are in the league table.