Argyle Old Boys - Where Are They Now | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Old Boys - Where Are They Now

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Nigel Lonwijk & Matt Butcher start for Wycombe v Peterborough in EFL Trophy final

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2013
EFL trophy final between 2 teams who are a hellova lot closer to Wembley than Bolton and Argyle ... and half as many fans in attendance between them.

Shows how good our support is!
(And Bolton's i guess ☺️)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lolos gets another for Crawley tonight. Must be getting into double figures now.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Scored 10 this season
Thank you. He joins a reasonably small list of players that we have released and who have gone on to be a comparative success elsewhere. I don't have time to research how many players we have had who have gone non-league and then forced themselves back into the Football League. Klaidi Lolos is one and another was a lad called Peter Kearns. He was released by Argyle in the summer of 1960 and joined Corby Town. He had played 66 first team games for Argyle, scoring 8 times.
In December 1962 he joined Aldershot Town, then a Football League club. He spent 6 and a half seasons there, making more than 200 first team appearances and scoring 70 times. Then in March 1968 he completed a triangle when he moved to Lincoln City, playing alongside the likes of Graham Taylor, Ray Harford and Jim Smith. He had 51 first team outings there scoring 15 times. Later he joined Weymouth where he lined up with former Argyle players Dudley Barry, Alex Jackson and Tony Rounsevell. The signing of Alex Jackson for Argyle in March 1960 signalled the end of Kearns' career at Home Park.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Thank you. He joins a reasonably small list of players that we have released and who have gone on to be a comparative success elsewhere. I don't have time to research how many players we have had who have gone non-league and then forced themselves back into the Football League. Klaidi Lolos is one and another was a lad called Peter Kearns. He was released by Argyle in the summer of 1960 and joined Corby Town. He had played 66 first team games for Argyle, scoring 8 times.
In December 1962 he joined Aldershot Town, then a Football League club. He spent 6 and a half seasons there, making more than 200 first team appearances and scoring 70 times. Then in March 1968 he completed a triangle when he moved to Lincoln City, playing alongside the likes of Graham Taylor, Ray Harford and Jim Smith. He had 51 first team outings there scoring 15 times. Later he joined Weymouth where he lined up with former Argyle players Dudley Barry, Alex Jackson and Tony Rounsevell. The signing of Alex Jackson for Argyle in March 1960 signalled the end of Kearns' career at Home Park.

Isaac Vassell always springs to mind, he's a local lad as well isn't he. I seem to remember him doing well with Luton after a post-Argyle spell in non-league.

Reactions: memory man

TaviGreen1990

✅ Evergreen
Nov 3, 2022
I’m away on a family holiday this weekend and have managed to sort tickets for Stockport v Morecambe. Chance to see Sarce, Slew and Songo’o hopefully.

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
Isaac Vassell always springs to mind, he's a local lad as well isn't he. I seem to remember him doing well with Luton after a post-Argyle spell in non-league.
Tommy Briggs. Released by Argyle without playing a first team game. Finished up at Blackburn Rovers where he scored 140 goals in 194 games including 7 in one game against Bristol Rovers He also got an England B cap.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I’m away on a family holiday this weekend and have managed to sort tickets for Stockport v Morecambe. Chance to see Sarce, Slew and Songo’o hopefully.

And a chance to see Sarce bag another promotion

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟