Argyle trying to recruit 2 new directors | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle trying to recruit 2 new directors

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
GreenArmy1984":2qspij8w said:
Lucky this is a Argyle discussion page

All about opinions .......

Argyle Green is my favourite shade of Green kit from 80s & 90s

Let's hope it makes a comeback soon

Ah, the enduring power of nostalgia.

As in John Major's infamous "long shadows on county grounds, warm beer, old maids bicycling to holy communion through the morning mist".

My enduring preference is for the green of the early noughties, wearing which Argyle won League 2 with 102 points, then League 1 just two years later.

That's the real Argyle green.

A colour palette uniquely ours. And not a feeble imitation of one or all of Hibernian, Glasgow Celtic, The Republic of Ireland - and Yeovil Town.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Love it !

Got all those Argyle shirts from the early noughties

Maybe it's cos Retro Argyle Green is the 1st Shirt I wore in the mid eighties brings back happy memories

As longs it a Argyle shirt I am Happy

COYGs

Jan 27, 2012
I'd like to see Kevin Hodges on the board as an executive director.

He has been an apprentice, a player, a coach and the manager. He has been at the club since the 1970s !

This bloke knows football and knows Plymouth Argyle better than anyone else associated with the club. He has seen promotions, relegations and countless managers and players come and go.

I'm not advocating a "director of football" role but a voice on the board that knows something about professional football and can offer consistency in the running of the club. He'd be a good person to advise the board on football matters as and when needed- for example such as helping to interview managerial candidtates when the time comes.

I think the fella is under-appreciated and a bit of a legend really. Argyle should use his experience more.

Dec 3, 2005
gaspargomez":hg9ko9h2 said:
I'd like to see Kevin Hodges on the board as an executive director.

He has been an apprentice, a player, a coach and the manager. He has been at the club since the 1970s !

This bloke knows football and knows Plymouth Argyle better than anyone else associated with the club. He has seen promotions, relegations and countless managers and players come and go.

I'm not advocating a "director of football" role but a voice on the board that knows something about professional football and can offer consistency in the running of the club. He'd be a good person to advise the board on football matters as and when needed- for example such as helping to interview managerial candidtates when the time comes.

I think the fella is under-appreciated and a bit of a legend really. Argyle should use his experience more.

Totally agree with this.

Kevin Hodges is Mr Argyle :scarf:

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
To be honest these non-exec roles rarely make a difference--and in this instance, I am assuming a few meetings a year on an unpaid basis, especially so. A good non-exec will act as a critical friend to the Board challenging and shaping decisions, but they are not hands on or involved in the day to day running of the club.