Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed)

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Watch this space ................

Aug 29, 2008
Or play one half before England kick off, and one half after?! All in the club house (is there one?) to watch the game, so increases their revenue. Plus we will likely play a different team each half anyway. Just a (stupid) thought...

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
PL2 3DQ":2zp13rt0 said:
Do Callington have floodlights? If so, why not play the game immediately after the England semi-final? In the height of summer floodlights may not even be needed and a 9pm/9.15pm kick-off would be cooler for the players; fans and players could even watch the England game in the club house.

Might be a 10pm kick off if it goes to extra time and penalties. :D

Dec 29, 2011
Argyle haven't got any games in the week leading up to season start.Why not try and play it on the Tuesday that week.At least some fringe first team players could pay, if Adams doesn't want to risk his frontline first team before the Walsall match .At least Callington would get a bigger gate and more of a payday

Jan 25, 2011
plymouth
The Night Riveria":7n1ebcj9 said:
Argyle haven't got any games in the week leading up to season start.Why not try and play it on the Tuesday that week.At least some fringe first team players could pay, if Adams doesn't want to risk his frontline first team before the Walsall match .At least Callington would get a bigger gate and more of a payday
First team players to pay.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
semper crudus":1evt7i6p said:
Or play one half before England kick off, and one half after?! All in the club house (is there one?) to watch the game, so increases their revenue. Plus we will likely play a different team each half anyway. Just a (stupid) thought...
Depends what DA does about the Torpoint game tomorrow.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I’m sure the clubs are talking and just lining things up before an announcement is made, suiting most involved.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Keep the 31st of July free

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Now confirmed. Postponed until 31 July, although I can't see many first team players taking part with the new season starting just a few days later.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Callington have it on their Twitter:

@CallyTownFC
Match postponed!! After lots of work this morning involving both clubs, the Friendly between @CallyTownFC and @Only1Argyle due on Wednesday has been postponed until 31st July at 7.30pm to avoid the clash with @England V @HNS_CFF @swsportsnews @PLsportsnews @WMNSport

I still think he'll put out a strong team Ian.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Keepitgreen":2q47hurd said:
Callington have it on their Twitter:

@CallyTownFC
Match postponed!! After lots of work this morning involving both clubs, the Friendly between @CallyTownFC and @Only1Argyle due on Wednesday has been postponed until 31st July at 7.30pm to avoid the clash with @England V @HNS_CFF @swsportsnews @PLsportsnews @WMNSport

I still think he'll put out a strong team Ian.

I'm not so sure. Adams usually likes a clear week of no games to prepare for the first league game. Maybe players like Sarcevic, Taylor and Letheren will be involved.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Another potential clash could occur on Saturday should England ever become second against Croatia. The 3rd place play-off takes place on Saturday afternoon with a ITV kick off of 3pm. Will the runner's up position to the runner's up have such a following. Perhaps not. It would be an anti-climax, I would suggest.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The playoff game is the most pointless game in football. Neither of the teams involved have any interest in it, they would rather have gone home the day after the semi-final they lost. If you lose in one of the earlier rounds you just go home and no-one cares if you were 5th - 8th. FIFA insists on this stupid game.