Argyle v Gillingham match thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Gillingham match thread

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I don't understand the vilification of young Cooper. He's in his first season as first choice so he's bound to make some mistakes. Yes there were some hairy moments, poor passes and saves he "should" have made, but to err is to be human and he's got a long time to develop still.

That being said, he's done a darn sight better than Macey ever achieved and will, I'm sure, turn out to be a substantially better keeper than Macey ever will.

The kid's got a backline (infront of him), who are leaky to say the least. A lot of the situations he's been put into were a fault of the defence and he's dealt with a good many of them really well.

How about people stop pointing their fingers at the young lad learning his trade and focus it more on the vastly more experienced players muddling about infront of him?

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Abbotts Ann Green":2vrznj0t said:
People who haven’t seen a player play in the flesh for years think they know better than the manager who sees him in training every week.

McCormick did very well in the games he was for Swindon last year.

He more than deserves a chance.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Better not mention anything about the Cornish Flag flying alongside the Devon Flag outside the Home Park reception today...seems to have upset a few people, just like Ryan's team selection :lol:

Apr 1, 2009
Abbotts Ann Green":1lcc6r0y said:
People who haven’t seen a player play in the flesh for years think they know better than the manager who sees him in training every week.

Exactly.

Dec 28, 2018
L G":2zx6qxu1 said:
Better not mention anything about the Cornish Flag flying alongside the Devon Flag outside the Home Park reception today...seems to have upset a few people, just like Ryan's team selection :lol:
Good to know. Proper job.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Kentishgreen":3bp5eiqx said:
And of course Macey had the advantage of having a poo hot defence in front of him. I don’t think!

Both defences have been poor, however I've not yet seen Cooper palm balls down to strikers and Cooper can catch unlike Macey.

Equal defences and Cooper is still far better.

The main problem we have is there's no ownership in the defensive 3, they can't organise themselves and easily get overrun.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Kernowboy":fxotwkc3 said:
L G":fxotwkc3 said:
Good to know. Proper job.
Chris Errington posted a picture earlier on.
PACSA will be 26 next month.
Yet still there's hostility? :shock: :roll:

Oct 31, 2015
L G":ydikvemt said:
Tugboat":ydikvemt said:
What’s with all the head banging?
Well I'm listening to Pyromania by Def Leppard for my pre-match entertainment here at DRF HQ.
Not too sure what the others are listening too? :lol:

Foo fighters for me at the moment :funny:

Oct 20, 2015
Anyone expecting a win today? Feeling a bit low(e) with our recent run. I hate Gills though, hope we stuff them.

Mar 14, 2009
Willis88":b5h03o56 said:
I don't understand the vilification of young Cooper. He's in his first season as first choice so he's bound to make some mistakes. Yes there were some hairy moments, poor passes and saves he "should" have made, but to err is to be human and he's got a long time to develop still.

That being said, he's done a darn sight better than Macey ever achieved and will, I'm sure, turn out to be a substantially better keeper than Macey ever will.

The kid's got a backline (infront of him), who are leaky to say the least. A lot of the situations he's been put into were a fault of the defence and he's dealt with a good many of them really well.

How about people stop pointing their fingers at the young lad learning his trade and focus it more on the vastly more experienced players muddling about infront of him?

I don’t get it either.

Yes he has made mistakes but the real issues are in front of him.

If we go back to last season l remember Palmer had a sticky spell. Can’t recall what games and when but l do remember people saying he should be dropped.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think if we can score 3 in the first half hour we have every chance of a point or three.