Argyle v Hull City - the build up | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Hull City - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• The Pilgrims

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • The Tigers

Votes: 45 43.3%
  • A draw

Votes: 30 28.8%

• Total voters
Mar 16, 2009
London
This is why I’m torn on what would be the best tactical approach for tomorrow. Go all out for the win and leave ourselves open by trying to blow Hull away? Or keep things tight, restrict Hull, stay in the game and hope Norwich do the business? Both could backfire spectacularly.

Hull will be looking to score, and their defence is pretty leaky, so we'll surely set up to aggressively counter with pace and energy. 4-3-3 as per the Schumacher days would be ideal. At least one of the full backs needs to have proper pace, and I'd like to see Mumba as one of the front 3 - we should be looking to create overloads by countering as a 5. Might need Sousa to start as without Miller we don't really have many other pace options for the full back roles. Will Dewsnip and Nance be brave enough to try this though, is the question.

I'd go

Cooper

Sousa
Scarr
Gibson
Galloway

Houghton
Randell
Forshaw

Whittaker
Hardie
Mumba

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
As we need to win or not lose by 5 goals (draw is meaningless) then the focus needs to be on winning the game and scoring at least 2 goals (as Hull are very good going forward and likely to score). So the question do we do that by going gung ho early? or do we keep it tight and as Hull get more anxious to score, more space opens up for us to hit them on the counter?

I think maybe the latter as if Hull go in front, I can see it being difficult to get back in front for us as we have scored so little recently. Lets nick a goal like Leicester then possibly add another when space opens up. We'll need experienced heads out there to keep the team focused and calm.

Reactions: Green 1886

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Unfortunately I can't see any combination of players currently available who are good enough defensively to keep Hull out or, offensively to score goals. Whether we stay up or go down is largely in Birmingham's or Norwich's hands. Miracles happen but I feel we've had ours with Leicester.

Reactions: Greencat26

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I can see zero evidence to see that Waine is better than Jephcott. How can you say so? He has nothing like his scoring record
You asked me if I thought he was better than the Jephcott currently struggling in League 2, not if he was better than the prime Jephcott of 2 or 3 years ago. Jephcott hasn't had any scoring record of note for a long time.