Argyle v Hull Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Hull Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
So, if not not now, when do we call out the 'fans' who were so, so sure that our team would fail?

Every football fan is a pessimist, Argyle fans even more so for obvious historical reasons.

They/we (I was sure we were going down) don’t want us to fail, just enjoy it!

May 26, 2015
Thank you God. You answered my prayers. I went to the park, with phone switched off and didn't look until 14.50. Was thinking of scrolling down the results. I would have had a heart attack seeing the Brum result first. Thank God I just looked at the BBC headline and saw Birmingham relegated. Then I went to scores and saw that Brum had won, so I knew Argyle had won, but I couldn't make any noise. I just breathed a huge sigh of relief, hardly being able to believe my eyes. That result today felt just as good to me as the Burton win last year that confirmed our promotion. It is just as important, a pivotal moment in our history I think.
No post mortem from me today. I will leave that till Monday. I'm just so, so happy. It would have been an absolute tragedy if we had gone straight back down after last season's heroics.
Once a Green, Always a Green. I'm Argyle till I die.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Why do we need to call anyone out at all? I thought we'd lose today, but figured we might stay up on goal difference. I'm delighted to be wrong. In December I expected a much less stressful run in than this. A wonderful day.

Oct 14, 2015
So, if not not now, when do we call out the 'fans' who were so, so sure that our team would fail?
Christ mate enjoy the win, does it really matter??? If you want to spend this evening gloating about others who said we’d lose then that’s your choice but for me I’m going to celebrate as though we’ve qualified for the Champions league 👍👍

Mar 11, 2018
Why do we need to call anyone out at all? I thought we'd lose today, but figured we might stay up on goal difference. I'm delighted to be wrong. In December I expected a much less stressful run in than this. A wonderful day.
You don't get the point. We can all think our team will lose or be relegated - or fear, or whatever. What really gets my goat is when I'm told we will by someone who just somehow knows before the event(s).

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Okay, fair enough. I'm not particularly negative or positive. On balance I thought we'd likely go. We didn't, and that's great. Don't see the point in picking at anyone now really

Sep 6, 2006
You don't get the point. We can all think our team will lose or be relegated - or fear, or whatever. What really gets my goat is when I'm told we will by someone who just somehow knows before the event(s).
It's called having an opinion. You should try it.