Argyle v Queens Park Rangers - the build up + Q&A | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Queens Park Rangers - the build up + Q&A

Dec 30, 2011
duke":pzb5mk6l said:
apologies if needs be for a bit of yesteryear re QPR

anyone remember the promotion season vying with QPR for promo

we were losing at home 1 0 and almost towards the end David Frio running from midfield score twice to secure a 2 1 home win

memory suggests Milne crossed from the left for the first and Mickey Evans I think crossed from almost an identical place for Frio to nod in the second

the ground erupted

was that not the game against Gillingham the following season ? 2 fantastic headers, bu I still don't know how Friio managed to reach the second one. The whole ground seemed to be chanting his name.

Dec 30, 2011
Is that THE Dave Thomas former winger (with socks rolled down) for QPR, Everton and England ?

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Hargyle":d5e1iyj9 said:
Always had a soft spot for QPR, since we beat them 2-0 to clinch promotion to the Championship, and me and my (eldest) son received nothing but ā€œwell doneā€ and ā€œgood luckā€ comments from the away fans as we past them on our way back to the car.

But I still hope I we beat them, even though itā€™s a Mickey Mouse cup.

Iā€™m predicting that history will repeat itself ... 2-0 ... Friio and Evans to scores

:scarf:

IĀ“ve never liked QPR since that barsteward Rodney Marsh cheated his way to a penalty at the Devonport End on Boxing Day 1967.

Sep 25, 2010
Dreamgreen":3gu30r4r said:
Hargyle":3gu30r4r said:
Always had a soft spot for QPR, since we beat them 2-0 to clinch promotion to the Championship, and me and my (eldest) son received nothing but ā€œwell doneā€ and ā€œgood luckā€ comments from the away fans as we past them on our way back to the car.

Iā€™m predicting that history will repeat itself ... 2-0 ... Friio and Evans to scores

IĀ“ve never liked QPR since that barsteward Rodney Marsh cheated his way to a penalty at the Devonport End on Boxing Day 1967.

He cheated all thru his career.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The referee was an idiot for falling for it.

The worst dive I've ever witnessed. Often thought the man must have been bribed. It was laughable.

He certainly saw the Argyle fans running on at him. :lol:

derbygreen

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
duke":hjuqmh2x said:

we were losing at home 1 0 and almost towards the end David Frio running from midfield score twice to secure a 2 1 home win

memory suggests Milne crossed from the left for the first and Mickey Evans I think crossed from almost an identical place for Frio to nod in the second

the ground erupted

I think that was Gillingham at home

Sep 25, 2010
derbygreen":ces2vmh4 said:
duke":ces2vmh4 said:

the ground erupted

Nope, sorry

Sep 25, 2010
Martyn":3fkrv30z said:
derbygreen":3fkrv30z said:
duke":3fkrv30z said:

the ground erupted

Nope, sorry

Sorry derbygreen, I was thinking of some other game, you could be right.

Jul 27, 2020
Hi chaps bit of humble pie going on here as my research shows J kinnear didnt manage QPR so memory playing tricks??????

but green salt is with me in knowing the game in relation to the frio goals as you said green salt it was astounding how he managed to head the second goal and both goals were headers and it was so amazing those late goals when a home defeat was staring us the face

I just have this conviction it was a QPR game in a promo season when I think we and they went up

the reaction at the end was ballistic mind you I was in the old Mayflower that match an area of the ground where the general feeling was WE WILL NOT SING whereas Martyn and his colleagues do us proud in the Devonport

so apologies if i have created some debate regarding a match that didnt involve QPR

duke":pt3l6j16 said:
Hi chaps bit of humble pie going on here as my research shows J kinnear didnt manage QPR so memory playing tricks??????

but green salt is with me in knowing the game in relation to the frio goals as you said green salt it was astounding how he managed to head the second goal and both goals were headers and it was so amazing those late goals when a home defeat was staring us the face

I just have this conviction it was a QPR game in a promo season when I think we and they went up

the reaction at the end was ballistic mind you I was in the old Mayflower that match an area of the ground where the general feeling was WE WILL NOT SING whereas Martyn and his colleagues do us proud in the Devonport

so apologies if i have created some debate regarding a match that didnt involve QPR

Here's the goals from that game v Gillingham. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8huHTNL5TGc

Lee Makel corner set up the first and looks like Trigger crossed the 2nd. You did well to remember Steven Milne, I'd completely forgot he ever played for us, just looked it up 12 appearances, no goals from Milne.

Jul 14, 2008
Hargyle":wmesca2g said:

Thereā€™s only one Mickey Mouse cup that we have to play in each season and it certainly isnā€™t the League Cup