Argyle vs Brighton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Brighton

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
My first game against Brighton was way back in the early nineties.
Adie Akinbiyi was playing for them on loan from Norwich I think. We lost two or three nil at home :|

Happier times a few years later, in a game we won (I think) at home. One of their players Gary Hart(?) got sent off.
Because of his long hair, the Lyndhurst were chanting "Where's ya gypo gone", "Wheres ya caravan" etc etc
Was highly amusing, quite topical as it goes :)

G

Graham Cox

What about that autoglass cup game. Dire game think we won 1-0 but wotton banged in his first screamer much to everyone's surprise!

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
I remember a game in 1989 we lost 3-2 at the Goldstone. Martin Barlow was 18 and curled in a 25 yard beauty. Kempy was the manager at the time.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
30 March 1994, stuck in Kirkcaldy hospital while my daughter was born, just after 9pm.. about the same time as Steve Castle was sent off, Evans scored as Argyle went down 2-1.

went to phone parents about birth, after I had found out the result on Clubcall! Then gave my daughter her first Argyle chat !!

Jun 6, 2011
I remember a game 1985 or 1986? One of my very early Argyle memories, it finished Argyle 2 Brighton 2, cant really remember much about it apart from us taking the lead twice and squandering it almost immediately on both occasions.
Brighton also had a guy in goal called Perry Digweed :lol: :lol:

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
sevendroppings":2mmjx8az said:
I remember a game 1985 or 1986? One of my very early Argyle memories, it finished Argyle 2 Brighton 2, cant really remember much about it apart from us taking the lead twice and squandering it almost immediately on both occasions.
Brighton also had a guy in goal called Perry Digweed :lol: :lol:

Terry Conner played for Brighton and a Brighton fan charging at the lyndhurst stand with a lump of wood !!!

Yes we were not always friends I remember it as It was the first Crowd Trouble I had ever seen live in a ground !

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I can remember the sky sports ''Brighton v Argyle'' Bobby's last game. One memory though was watching the youthful Terrible West tackling someone (well trying to but his motorised zimmer broke) on the right wing near the half way line. I sort of thought ''WTF is he doing out there ??

E

EK_Brighton

Pafcintheplace":3qla2c1z said:
Happier times a few years later, in a game we won (I think) at home. One of their players Gary Hart(?) got sent off.
Because of his long hair, the Lyndhurst were chanting "Where's ya gypo gone", "Wheres ya caravan" etc etc
Was highly amusing, quite topical as it goes :)

I would imagine that would have been Darren Freeman, as Oh Gary Hart never had long hair.

I've been to HP twice, and have a 100% record....the 2-0 game in 2001 which sealed promotion for us (the first promotion since 1989 and boy did it feel like we were on the way back...if only we knew then it would be another ten years before we finally moved into a new stadium of our own). And the win last season on a Tuesday night when your great mate and mine Ashley Barnes got the second.

All I can remember of earlier games is that Tommy Tynan ALWAYS scored against us. When a bowler has a habit of getting a particular batsman out in cricket, they call the batsman his bunny. I'm fairly sure we were Tynan's bunnies. Or maybe I'm imagining it, but it certainly feels like that.

E

EK_Brighton

X Isle":vsld97j6 said:
Also I coiffed some very fine ales which always makes for an enjoyable experience, whatever the result.

Damn sure :lol: :stout:

EK_Brighton":3qf8tc87 said:
All I can remember of earlier games is that Tommy Tynan ALWAYS scored against us. When a bowler has a habit of getting a particular batsman out in cricket, they call the batsman his bunny. I'm fairly sure we were Tynan's bunnies. Or maybe I'm imagining it, but it certainly feels like that.

I'm quite sure a lot of teams must feel that way...

I was at the Plymouth v Brighton game Dec 1961/62 as I was based there...wish I was'nt...you hammered us 5-0,in them days fans just mixed and not many fans travelled away,I was standing amongst a load of dockyard mateys...boy I got some banter.. :shock:.but it was good humoured.My next visit was better when we got promoted with a 2-0 win. Argyle...onwards and upwards! :clap: