Argyle vs Doncaster | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Doncaster

Oct 31, 2015
Cobi Budge":w8i8z1we said:
https://twitter.com/FutJacques/status/1321187750821978119

:clap: :lol:

Yea brilliant. A couple of us peed ourselves laughing at the time. Superb. Take a bow Danny boy :clap:

May 28, 2019
the commentator was driving me mad on how many times he got players muddled up, was he at the match? , he is known as a exeter fan, and his boring slow clueless commentating ,would probably got a little more excited if exeter got a winner at leyton orient, why do these radio devon commentators think we are in the slightest interested on score in league 2 or non league, i know for a fact when they commentate on exeter, they never mention argyle, im sure they do it to wind up the green army :crazy:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Currently, the commentaries are provided by Radio Devon and I assume that listeners within the county are interested in teams in Devon. Frustrates me too, but I suppose Brian McGlinchey is there to provide Argyle related observations.
That commentator was Alan Richardson but I do prefer Rob McNicoll and Drew Savage who both know more about Argyle.
We were all spoilt by Sparksy.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1s5bbrs1 said:
Currently, the commentaries are provided by Radio Devon and I assume that listeners within the county are interested in teams in Devon. Frustrates me too, but I suppose Brian McGlinchey is there to provide Argyle related observations.
That commentator was Alan Richardson but I do prefer Rob McNicoll and Drew Savage who both know more about Argyle.
We were all spoilt by Sparksy.

Devon results understandable but there was a relentless stream of results from everywhere including once when he said it's '2.1 to somebody but I don't know who'. :facepalm: And why go through all the results 2 or 3 mins before half time anyway?. Just concentrate on the bl@&dy game. If we were so concerned about other scores there are plenty of ways to find out.
Unable to recognize the players and complete lack of enthusiasm when Argyle were attacking. Get rid. Unprofessional and hopeless. I understand there is an option to get the commentary from the other team instead.

Dec 16, 2004
I normally don't get bothered about this sort of stuff but last night was beyond a joke. It was insulting, embarrassing and, possibly, some other words we could use. It seems that to Richardson, Camara, Moore, Opoku and Fornah all look the same. They are of different build, have different hairstyless, wear different distinctive boots and play in different roles.

His performance was a combination of amateurishness, incompetence, slapdashness and something else that it's probably best I don't mention.

If you can't identify one human being from another then don't do a job of which one of the most basic requirements is to identify individuals.

I felt sorry for McGlinchey who politely let it all go.

Tempted to contact Radio Devon.

Aside from this clown thought it was a good match and feel we have a very strong squad. I get a real sense of togethernes from these players and the whole team at PAFC at the moment.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I was interested that he said that Darren Moore, their manager, was on the short list for our manager’s job when RL was appointed. Apparently, his wife is from Torquay.

I don’t recall his name being included in the speculation at the time.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Decent performance. Mostly 7/10s apart from Edwards, Mayor, Opoku and Watts who were 8s.
Argyle were a little unnecessarily fraught towards the end, I thought they'd push for 3 or 4.
Its encouraging to think that, having watched the performances to date I think Argyle have a couple of gears to go through and the only defeats thus far have been away to 1st and 2nd.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
The commentary on R. Devon has always been poor in my opinion,(Sparksy excepted) too much waffling about where an opposing player came from,how many starts ect, just describe the play! if that is not possible,you are in the wrong job. I watched with no commentary,as at a game, it is not the same,but no annoying "commentary".

May 16, 2016
rongreenblood":2zv7wyvu said:
The commentary on R. Devon has always been poor in my opinion,(Sparksy excepted) too much waffling about where an opposing player came from,how many starts ect, just describe the play! if that is not possible,you are in the wrong job. I watched with no commentary,as at a game, it is not the same,but no annoying "commentary".

Although at a game you might well be within earshot of a lot more 'experts' offering various opinions and forms of advice with no volume control or off button at your disposal.

Actually, there might be an alternative commentary option there for ifollow to consider. "Random rubbish spouter" maybe. PASOTIs own Audible version !

Because to be honest, I'm missing it........

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Emu":1yt20h82 said:
Sidewinder":1yt20h82 said:
A really good win with Mayor, Watts and Opoku looking impressive. But my god, we look nervous and error prone at times. Not impressed with Doncaster. Several games in to the season and I think if Argyle can eradicate their daft passages of play, we’re looking alright.

Yep, the same three players stood out for me too.

After 9 games we are 8th in the table. I would have settled for that if asked at the beginning of the season.

Totally agree, work in progress but after 9 games and 15 points, a great start.

Got me wandering how this start compares with our starts last time we were in league 1.

17/18 - 5 points, second from bottom having just lost 0-3 to Doncaster Rovers.

18/19 - 3 poinst, bottom having just lost 2-3 to......Doncaster Rovers :shocked:

Info courtesy of the Bible that is GOS :nworthy:

Jul 13, 2006
Have to agree with comments about the commentator ( Richardson), regularly getting the players names wrong. But my biggest bugbear is his commentary is so slow and behind the play. He says "Mayor's got the Ball", when he had it about 5 minutes ago. Keep up man and commentate on whats actually happening in time with the game please. Thank you!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":39eqx9ai said:
I was interested that he said that Darren Moore, their manager, was on the short list for our manager’s job when RL was appointed. Apparently, his wife is from Torquay.

I don’t recall his name being included in the speculation at the time.

"IJN. I certainly do."

The only reference to Darren Moore made on Pasoti, at the time, was by 'greybeard-kernow' who mentioned that he was surprised that he had NOT been mentioned in the speculation.