Argyle without Schuey | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle without Schuey

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Do l put Schumacher up there as one of Argyle's best modern day managers? Definitely. Do l want him back? Nope.

The moment is gone. That fairytale is over. I notice we do this with players that were successful here too. Wanting them back, if they failing elsewhere.

It's not the fact the way Schumacher left us. I don't feel the anger like others. He did leave us in a way that put us in a pickle but that's just football for you.

I just think he evolved us as far as he could. He had a way to make this Argyle team over the last 18 months efficiently clinical in front of goal. It wasn't like we made loads of chances & wasted them. And so this made us a good team to watch. Yet he never sorted out the defence which was an absolute mess. And these defensive issues continued in the championship. How can you watch teams continuously run through you & think you are defensively coached well?

lpswich left back Leif Davies has played 40 matches. He has 2 goals & 17 assists & yet he does not affect the balance of their team (to the point his contribution is more postive than negatives) as he ploughs forward. The reason for this is they have midfielders who can cover the spaces & protect their back four. I honestly can't remember Argyle last really good CDM.

The midfield has been neglected since Camara left. Bringing in players on loan like Matete to cover the energy & althetism we were short of. If you look at us, we try to be a passing team yet but we have no passing general in midfield who gets us moving forward.

What l miss about Schumacher was that l believed he was genuine. That he was, and still is, a nice guy. He had the ability to get the best out of a players like Whittaker & Azaz. He was flexible with his tactical approach. He change a game early enough that the subs coming on had enough time to impact the match.

Was it really good football though? I mean a pass & move style that had us opening up teams with ease. Or was it a very good counter attacking, transitional style that allowed us to exploit teams that left us space. What with the great individual goals we saw it looks a good style of football. Yet even now lm seeing issues which he has left us short in terms of attacking abilities & breakingteams down. Where is the width in this team? The wing play to create chances? Let's face it the only way we looked like scoring against Leicester was on the counter attack. Our strength under Schumacher. When we had the ball in & around their box we over hit passes or choose the wrong pass. Our execution was poor. This is why l want a new manager. For our football to evolve.

I think sometimes we been straved for such long periods of good football, that when we get a successful brand of football we are in amazement of it. Schumacher football was good. Successful. Better than we had since Holloway era. We should be using it as the next benchmark to beat.

Last edited:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
What l miss about Schumacher was that l believed he was genuine. That he was, and still is, a nice guy.
Mickey, to your credit, you always try to be positive and when your are critical, its usually in a constructive way.

However, you are stretching it a bit calling Schumacher "genuine".

I think it is now an established fact that from early on in the season, he was actively canvassing to get another job, all the while telling everyone how happy and settled he was in Plymouth.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Mickey, to your credit, you always try to be positive and when your are critical, its usually in a constructive way.

I think it is now an established fact that from early on in the season, he was actively canvassing to get another job, all the while telling everyone how happy and settled he was in Plymouth.

But lm not being naive Dave. You had to put your head in a bucket of sand & refuse to acknowledge how football works if you honestly believed he wasn't going this season. Any club like Stoke who were in trouble were going to look at him & think he is going better than us & on a smaller budget. Plus it will weaken one of our relegation rivals.

Look at his budget. Look at what Foster had in January. He knew what was coming. A really tough relegation fight.

Was Schumacher anything like Lowe? I'd say no. With Lowe it was all about him. With Schmacher l believe he enjoyed his time at the club. I think he genuinely loved the area. When l saw him in a service station on the way home from the EFL trophy final you could honestly tell by his face how upset he was over that performance. He really cared.

If people want to say he isn't genuine for that one moment where most managers with any degree of ambition are likely to do what he did, then fair play. I don't think for one minute think he wasn't happy living here. You can be happy, but still realise you need to move on. That's what he did.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash

I'm sorry but that's just BS and a myth created by those that are behaving like their wife cheated on them with the neighbour! Him leaving left a bad taste especially the timing and after his words... But what else should he have said? I keep saying it, but this was a job to him... One I'm sure he loved, but still a job. People come out with these "Facts" that are the bain of modern society.. I read it on X/tiktok/pasoti/etc so it must be true... 90% of what you read on the internet like this is opinions and as fun as they are, you can't mix them up with the truth.

Reactions: jimsing

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I'm sorry but that's just BS and a myth created by those that are behaving like their wife cheated on them with the neighbour! Him leaving left a bad taste especially the timing and after his words... But what else should he have said? I keep saying it, but this was a job to him... One I'm sure he loved, but still a job. People come out with these "Facts" that are the bain of modern society.. I read it on X/tiktok/pasoti/etc so it must be true... 90% of what you read on the internet like this is opinions and as fun as they are, you can't mix them up with the truth.
Which also makes your post BS!

Is it just jealousy, on your part, that you can’t accept that there are people on this site who really DO have an ear which is very close to the ground.

Reactions: oldage and PL2 3DQ
Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Which also makes your post BS!

Is it just jealousy, on your part, that you can’t accept that there are people on this site who really DO have an ear which is very close to the ground.
Hahaha 🤣 I'm the last person you should accuse of that!! 🤣 Not sure why you had to go personal, but if that gives you kicks I have thick skin. The problem here is that there definitely are people on here who know things, but there are also hundreds more that dont but claim they do, or "hear" things. ALL of us want to listen and believe, which means that too much is often thought of as true. Doesn't make the BS any less BS and people need to be waaay more skeptical and waaay more open to "facts" actually being BS. Even if it doesn't suit their agendas.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
As has come to light from who?!?! That old pasoti myth and bull again... I'm not saying he was or wasn't, but we certainly don't know that and make so many assumptions around someone who by leaving us has secured his family's financial future! He loves the club, I am sure of that, but don't forget it's a job to him which is very different to how we see it as fans!
Well I do know he went for other jobs, so I’m not sure what your post is about. You don’t know as you admit, so why comment?

He’s secured his family now and as I’ve said before I would forgive and forget if he wanted to come back next month. Despite some of the posts on here he’s actually a decent bloke who I’ve met a few times. I’ll still be calling him a cundle on Saturday though 🐍🐍🐍 😂

Reactions: pafc jack

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
I’m probably in a small minority here but I don’t think our results in the Championship with Schuey were sustainable and the challenges we now have were always going to come. IF did make it much tougher than it needed to be though.

Time for all of us (from the Board down) to move on.
Been saying this since he flew away into the sunset……. Just arrived at Stoke at teatime this evening and it really is “grim up north”

Reactions: IvyG
Dec 31, 2022
Ivybridge
But lm not being naive Dave. You had to put your head in a bucket of sand & refuse to acknowledge how football works if you honestly believed he wasn't going this season. Any club like Stoke who were in trouble were going to look at him & think he is going better than us & on a smaller budget. Plus it will weaken one of our relegation rivals.

Look at his budget. Look at what Foster had in January. He knew what was coming. A really tough relegation fight.

Was Schumacher anything like Lowe? I'd say no. With Lowe it was all about him. With Schmacher l believe he enjoyed his time at the club. I think he genuinely loved the area. When l saw him in a service station on the way home from the EFL trophy final you could honestly tell by his face how upset he was over that performance. He really cared.

If people want to say he isn't genuine for that one moment where most managers with any degree of ambition are likely to do what he did, then fair play. I don't think for one minute think he wasn't happy living here. You can be happy, but still realise you need to move on. That's what he did.
Sorry but finding $$ excuses for behaving like a snake is quite nauseous.

Just to clarify your incorrect calling $$ genuine he was neither sincere or authentic, he was scheming, deceitful, and conniving, he almost cost us our first season back in the championship.

Oct 31, 2015
Jesus some hold a grudge. Life is way too short.

Let's be real. $$ and his family loved their time down here but at the end of the day it was just a job. I loved being in Pompey at times when I was working there, doesn't mean I was going to stay forever (even if my son was born there)

Dollar boy knew his stock wasn't going to get much higher over this season and looked for and seized an opportunity for much more money. Most of you would take the same opportunity under those circumstances.

I laugh at fans who fall in love with the players kissing the badge, managers punching the air, betroathing their world to us then moving on to fans anger. Thats football and work life in general. At football clubs only the hard-core fans stay constant. Lets face it even fans walk when the going gets tough.

$$, the coaches, PAFC staff and the squad last season gave us the best season probably ever and they will all go down in PAFC history. Thats what we should enjoy.

Would we have him back? Hmm big ask

SH was obviously angered at what happened
Something probably happened between $$ and Dewy
Some fans won't forgive
Returning managers seldom work

For all those reasons its probably a no.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Sorry but finding $$ excuses for behaving like a snake is quite nauseous.

Just to clarify your incorrect calling $$ genuine he was neither sincere or authentic, he was scheming, deceitful, and conniving, he almost cost us our first season back in the championship.

l dont choose to base someone’s character on one footballing decision where most managers do exactly the same thing.

l take the emotion out of it. I choose to look at his conduct since he joined as assistant with Lowe. I listened to him speak. I listened to others who had conversations with him. I base my opinion on him not on one emotional outcome.

Do you realise what football is? The type of industry it is. It’s not one where you going to meet many ‘genuine‘ people. He made a choice for the future of his family. For me, he was a genuine, nice guy who could have worked out a way to part company with us on better terms. Yet there aren’t many managers who leave a club that part on good terms if they being poached by a bigger club.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon with no H
Feb 8, 2005
Well I do know he went for other jobs, so I’m not sure what your post is about. You don’t know as you admit, so why comment?

He’s secured his family now and as I’ve said before I would forgive and forget if he wanted to come back next month. Despite some of the posts on here he’s actually a decent bloke who I’ve met a few times. I’ll still be calling him a cundle on Saturday though 🐍🐍🐍 😂
So you are one of these people, Daz, that passes on information without giving any evidence of it being true. Pretty worthless info then!

How are people to make up their own minds without the relevant information to back your statement up?

If you have no evidence, other than it being seen on another platform, and being sucked in by someone else, then how can it be seen to be true?

Statements of this nature, with no evidence to back it up are of no value at all.

• Haha
  • Eye-Roll
Reactions: Daz and PL2 3DQ
Dec 3, 2005
WHO? Have we bought a new player and he can't play in the next game? Who is this Shuey guy?