Atmosphere | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Atmosphere

Oct 31, 2015
ihe":32ekofuc said:
sounded pretty good to me listening in on radio Devon .

You could also hear them on the football highlights.

I did think Mansfield were more vocal than most who come down here as well :thumbup:

Dec 3, 2005
leeroy221":11aqa0vh said:
Was at Man City today, won the tickets in a raffle. If you think we have if bad for atmosphere and for people standing in front of you blocking the view, you aint seen anything. We dont have a patch on them for this.
I must admit though, their pre match entertainment outside the ground is bloody good.

Is it Oasis, that would put me off going :funny:

Jul 13, 2006
Love the loud music before the game. The idea that no/quiet music before the game will build an atmosphere is a myth.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
up_the_line":3g726okb said:
Today's atmosphere scores a whopping 1/10
Looking at phones for 90 minutes however gets a colossal 10/10
totally disagree.a very tense match against an unexpectedly good side.the atmosphere was very good which is no surprise as we are one of the biggest clubs in europe! :banghead: i will not talk my own side down!!!!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I thought the atmosphere was a bit lacking to be honest. Another good crowd though. There were only two bigger crowds in L1 and only Bradford in L2 with their very cheap tickets. If you want to read some bitter comments, go to their Bantams threads. They’re in total revolt and despise their manager. :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
The Devonport were definitely not as vocal as the Swindon match and on Saturday they repeated their form of most home games this season. Good start, long periods of silence during sticky patches, then decent towards the end when it looks like we are gonna win. Much better atmosphere away from home.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Sounded pretty good on Radio Devon. Ironic that we have another thread complaining about the Ryan Lowe and Wootton songs being sung too often :doh:

May 7, 2019
I was in the Devonport End on Saturday and would agree that it was a bit muted but I think we were all in shock at how well Mansfield started the game and how lucky Argyle were to not find themselves 2/3 goals down. Well, luck and great saves from a quality keeper helps with that. Palmer's impact on Saturday's game should not be underestimated.

I think the crowd got going when Tyreeq hit the post. Then, once Canavan scored, the atmosphere really kicked up a notch.

I think generally the atmosphere has been great at HP this season, especially given that we have been playing in front of a three-sided stadium for most of it. (Oxford will be used to that!) For some reason, I remember the evening game against Salford to be particularly atmospheric - that was a quality evening. Shame we couldn't get the three points that our performance deserved.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
TheBoldman":16zovzx9 said:
I was in the Devonport End on Saturday and would agree that it was a bit muted but I think we were all in shock at how well Mansfield started the game and how lucky Argyle were to not find themselves 2/3 goals down. Well, luck and great saves from a quality keeper helps with that. Palmer's impact on Saturday's game should not be underestimated.

I think the crowd got going when Tyreeq hit the post. Then, once Canavan scored, the atmosphere really kicked up a notch.

I think generally the atmosphere has been great at HP this season, especially given that we have been playing in front of a three-sided stadium for most of it. (Oxford will be used to that!) For some reason, I remember the evening game against Salford to be particularly atmospheric - that was a quality evening. Shame we couldn't get the three points that our performance deserved.

Very honest post from someone actually in the DE. As I said earlier, it was muted on Saturday but I agree the atmosphere at the Salford game was probably the best so far, despite there being hardly any away fans. The Swindon game really ought to have been a brilliant atmosphere because there was a decent turn out from them, but again it was a bit patchy and they certainly were the loudest, particularly when they went in front. It’s times like that when a good home crowd can really stand up and be counted (no pun intended and no incitement to break ground regs!!)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
As an aside, I wish this thread had a different Title!!
Here I am again with that bliddy awful Russ Abbott song going round my head!! :shock:
It's too early (twirly bheys!!). :facepalm:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":14l435ha said:
As an aside, I wish this thread had a different Title!!
Here I am again with that bliddy awful Russ Abbott song going round my head!! :shock:
It's too early (twirly bheys!!). :facepalm:

Thinking about it PW, that Russ Abbott tune would be a good song for the magnificent GA to sing on their travels instead of the dreaded 'Is this a Library' song.

It’s not an atmosphere!