Bellamy a Bluebird? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bellamy a Bluebird?

A

Anonymous

So, are you suggesting that Cardiff have adopted a sensible business model then?

M

Mike Hughes

Sky sources claim Cardiff aren't in talks with Man City and that Bellamy is returning to Man City training tomorrow.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Mike Hughes":1i8il1dr said:
Sky sources claim Cardiff aren't in talks with Man City and that Bellamy is returning to Man City training tomorrow.
Now all the Cardiff fans can go home and kick the sheep.

G

Greenskin

IJN":j25p4yh9 said:
So, are you suggesting that Cardiff have adopted a sensible business model then?

If you read my post above,then the answer no, i don't think their policy is sensible but it certainly seems to have worked in some ways.As can be seen from the figures quoted above,the success on the pitch has led to a huge percentage increase in their attendances and a new stadium,both of which will stand them in good stead in the future,not to mention a squad of players probably good enough to challenge again this season.We shall see if the new investor at Cardiff is kosher,judging by the signing of Koumas and possibly Bellamy,they may have a bob or two available.On the other hand,you can't really call a policy in which asset stripping our club of its best players,with the inevitable consequences such as relegation and a situation whereby the club is losing shedloads of money and 8000 fans per week compared to 2005 as sensible either,can you? My stance would be somewhere in between FWIW-i've never advocated a Ridsdale type spree but judicious risk when opportunity arises would seem to be a reasonable judgement and is a course of action never followed by any Argyle board,with the resulting mediocre record of achievement.

BTW,what is your opinion on Argyle possibly borrowing considerable money to pay for the new facilities,with the risks that would inevitably be involved?

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I cannot believe that Bellamy who probably has another 2-3 years at the top would want to drop into the championship when teams such as spurs and everton want him. I also cannot believe that with all their money troubles, Cardiff could afford him!!

G

Greenskin

Babararacucudada":3i1hhow9 said:
It isn't actually Argyle that is borrowing that money, though, is it?

In technical terms,no,its not the football club.But that didn't stop Southampton going into admin,in spite of their best efforts to wriggle off the hook using the same type of methodology,ie splitting the football club from the holding company and claiming they were not interrelated.Worse case scenario;PAFC Holdings borrow a sum of £15m from banks to partially pay for the South stand.Problems are encountered in meeting the repayments and PAFC and PAFC Holdings go into admin,which they surely would if the Saints precedence is anything to go by.A CVA is drawn whereby local businesses get only a fraction of what they are owed.I remember in the past that you have quite rightly pointed out that in the Portsmouth case the effect this could have on local employment etc,so what exactly is the difference morally between other clubs embarking on a risky strategy and Argyle doing the same? Genuine question,i really can't see the difference.

M

MylesPAFC

If they get into the premiership and can stay in there then fair play to them it will have paid off for them due to the ridiculous difference in revenue from the Championship up to the prem. But if they don't get promotion then they are in the deep end and wont get out of it, to risky in my opinion.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Surely any organisation that is owed money by Cardiff City would object to this move and adopt a tougher line in future financial proceedings. As a UK citizen I am not exactly overjoyed to learn that an entity that owes my country a significant amount of money is able to go ahead and spend money that it doesn't really seem to have in this way.

Dec 7, 2006
Not wishing ill of the player but oh how I'd laugh if Cardiff sign Bellamy and he does a 'Walton' and the sheep shaggers end up paying half his wages for an entire season!! :) Poetic justice as far as I'm concerned. :wink:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Babararacucudada":2nj6up3h said:
Interestingly I heard the other day that if they ever did actually go bust, like Newport County did, they would be ejected from the FA pyramid entirely and would have to start again in the LoW.

Oh please, please, please.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Its unbelievable a club as in debt as they are can afford to pay Bellamy's wages, that said now that he has signed they have the best forward line in the championship.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
i don't blame the player. admirable really that he wants to play footy.

the shambles comes in that a club like man city can refuse to let players like bellamy and shay given go to rival clubs even though they're no longer in their 1st team plans. what's he supposed to do? his choices are scotland / europe / championship.

the further shambles is that cardiff can pay a player pushing 50k a week (if they are paying half his wages) when they can't afford to pay the national insurance on the players they've got! They've just added over 1/4 million to their NI bill on top as 2.6 million pa to their wages bill!

truly shocking :twisted: