Ben Reeves | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ben Reeves

Jul 6, 2011
Dorset Pilgrim":160213wt said:
I feel Fornah's passing selections are often negative and off the ball how strong is he defensively ? I've had my doubts about Reeves and he is quite one footed but he does perhaps deserve more game time. I'm not sure either are strong enough or drive the play forward enough. I'd prefer a player more in the Songo'o mould.

:funny:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The player I miss in that central midfield role is David Fox. Always available, skilful and excellent passing accuracy.
RL would have loved him in there if he was 5 years younger.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1tjfr7ik said:
The player I miss in that central midfield role is David Fox. Always available, skilful and excellent passing accuracy.
RL would have loved him in there if he was 5 years younger.

But couldnā€™t tackle which was a bit of an issue in front of a keystone cops defence

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Made a difference. He's creative and very skilful.

Mar 14, 2009
To play football you need players to earn the right for you to control the game.

Argyle are trying to play football but with one one guy in midfield who has the true energy and work rate to then allow a creative player to control the game. Camara is excellent but we desperately need that energy, work rate in a DM position.

Your asking for trouble to play a creative player at CM and not at a CAM position. Thatā€™s is my opinion why we get over run in second half of games as gaps open. Someone like Mayor or Reeves needs to be higher up the pitch and have less defensive responsibilities.

To play attacking football you need to be as good without the ball as you are with it. To me this, along with someone who can marshall that defence are the two reasons we continue to look suspect at the back.

People say we are improving. However yesterday in that first half how many free headers did Sheffield United get? How many opposition players had aches of space on the edge of our box?

We wonā€™t have turned the corner until we defend better as a unit.