Best DA signing who is still in the squad? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best DA signing who is still in the squad?

Best Derek Adams player still at the club?

• Antoni Sarcevic

Votes: 78 90.7%
  • Gary Sawyer

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Niall Canavan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Wootton

• Joel Grant

• Ryan Taylor

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Conor Grant

• Total voters

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Sarcevic has enjoyed the role that he has played this season and has benefited from the attention that Mayor has attracted.

I also believe that Canavan deserves a contract extension as he had unresolved health issues (diabetes) last season. He is good in the air and also his crossfield distribution has been good.

Mike Cooper does look to be ready for the first team and I am sure he would have done well this season if Palmer had not been so reliable. (Apart from that comedy of errors between him and Canavan on Tuesday night).

I would not be disappointed if Sawyer is given another year, perhaps as a squad player and club (not team) captain.

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":rct115yd said:
Iffy at best is harsh for a defence that had a good run of clean sheets until recently.
Would you be happy with the current Back 3 in League 1 next year if we do go up?

The clean sheets are as much to do with poor finishing at this level as they are to do with good defending. Until Tuesday night, we had been riding our luck defensively.

Aug 5, 2016
So you are criticising our defence, this season, for hypothetically not being good enough in the future at a better standard?

Isn't it just easier and fairer to judge them in the present playing the opposition that's put in front of them?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":28lyasok said:
So you are criticising our defence, this season, for hypothetically not being good enough in the future at a better standard?

Isn't it just easier and fairer to judge them in the present playing the opposition that's put in front of them?

Zackly. Some people seem to think we should be buying Ā£20m squid youngsters from Real Madrid in case we make it to the Prem in 5 years!! :doh:

Our current squad are getting there. Horses for courses. :scarf:

Mar 23, 2008
edmonds200":180axeto said:
PL2 3DQ":180axeto said:
Sarcevic has always been a decent player, it's just that he's been inconsistent. He would have one good game followed by three or four very average games but this season he's been very consistent and is churning out good game after good game.

Sarcevic, Wootton, Canavan and Sawyer have all improved this season.

No they haven't we are just in a lower league. The defence also has a top keeper to organise them unlike Macey
Yes they have, given some confidence and positive management they have all improved. You're right about the keeper, Palmer is far better than Macey and Adams persevence with him was mystifying.

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":3ur2z78k said:

It is not hypothetical, itā€™s fact. History and actual results suggest that they are not good enough for League 1.

Canavan and Sawyer were regular members of a defence that shipped 80 goals last season when we were relegated. Wootton not so much because when he wasnā€™t injured, Adams never picked him anyway.

However, he played virtually every week in MK Dons relegation from League 1 the season before. I would put Josh Grant in his position and revert Bakinson back into the defensive midfield role.

If you want to judge them on your criteria, I would say that they are pretty average League 2 players. Fortunately for them, we have a far more reliable Keeper this season who often has to cover for their mistakes and shortcomings.