betting odds | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

betting odds

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I'm glad its taken the bookies so long - it doesn't usually. Where money's concerned these organisations aren't normally so slow to react. So i'm glad i got 5/1 to beat Blackburn, 9/2 to beat Shrewsbury and nigh on 7/4 to beat Wimbledon when in reality our odds should have been 25% smaller at least.

The reason i wont be betting tomorrow is i think we should be a 7/4 shot, therefore we are (in mind) the price we should be. Its a game we should be looking to win and confident in doing so, but to make money out of gambling, you have to have a self imposed rule and a bit of caution. Especially when following your team as the heart can take over from the head. I take betting seriously and do it for profit, so if i'm ever in doubt i dont bet. Oxford wont be a pushover and were a bit unlucky by all accounts at Rotherham - that said i hope we win 4-0 and spend Saturday evening cursing myself. But i'm now at the stage with my long term bets that Argyle success draws me nearer to winning a nice sum so i've no need to have a bet if i see no value in it.

llcoolgee

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 10, 2011
Melbourne
Voice_of_Reason":2yoc4j2r said:
I think tomorrow will be the first game in a couple of months where i wont be backing us to win, we are under 2/1 which is about right now, therefore a no bet for me, just glad its taken them so long to catch on.
Would be nice to think of a good number of Argyle fans jetting off in June enjoying a relaxing week or two just because Argyle played well - warms the heart just thinking about it.

If PASOTI had a "like" button, I would dedicate to the 2nd paragraph.
XX

Jan 6, 2004
Cashed out one of my top half bets - means I make a healthy profit overall and can relax a bit more for the rest of the season

May 4, 2015
Never cash out, you've decreased your value and played back into the bookies hands.

Presumably you didn't bet what you couldn't afford to lose when you placed the bet, so why cash out now?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Flash":14sepwaj said:
Cashed out one of my top half bets - means I make a healthy profit overall and can relax a bit more for the rest of the season
Shouldn't have cashed out that one.

#tophalfisnailedon.

Jan 6, 2004
Keepitgreen":2n4miczq said:
Green_Flash":2n4miczq said:
Shouldn't have cashed out that one.

#tophalfisnailedon.

Rationally perhaps not, but I have wagered several hundred pounds on Argyle this season and could still make thousands, but wanted to ensure even if our three best players get injured and we go into free-fall I am still comfortably up. As well as bets on promotion and top six, I have another large top half bet which I will not cash out. Cashing out this one is basically an insurance against the unlikely event of it all going mammaries up.

Jul 21, 2016
Before the shrewsbury game I put £15 at 500/1 for promotion with paddy power, just checked the odds now and were 35/1

Dec 1, 2008
mainstone plymouth
Jose446":1jbovedr said:
Never cash out, you've decreased your value and played back into the bookies hands.

Presumably you didn't bet what you couldn't afford to lose when you placed the bet, so why cash out now?
Jose, Does this mean they monitor everytime you cash out a bet and then offer You less cash out on future bets ?

Apr 8, 2016
I have just cashed out my top half bet at 12/1 for £108, considering the most I would have made is £143. I then used this money to place £40 at 25/1 for promotion. Meaning that if Argyle win Promotion I will net just over 1K and if we get to the playoffs my bet placed earlier at 250/1 will also net 1K. If it all goes to sh*t I've still made a profit of £50 from my cash out, so in some cases cashing out makes sense. As I student I'd be delighted if we win promotion (even more so), my debts will be cleared and I can then learn how to drive. Thanks SkyBet. Now Argyle do the job! COYG

Aug 4, 2011
petersm":3igzgwpy said:
Jose446":3igzgwpy said:

Jose, Does this mean they monitor everytime you cash out a bet and then offer You less cash out on future bets ?

Bookies wouldn’t do that, there would be an algorithm that calculates the cash out, which would generally be a poorer return than the difference between the odds you originally backed at and the odds they are offering now. If you really must cash out, you’re better off setting your own odds on Betfair and arbing up rather than taking the reduced return the same bookmaker will offer you.

A

andyr1963

MustardEagle":1zib1p1h said:
I have just cashed out my top half bet at 12/1 for £108, considering the most I would have made is £143. I then used this money to place £40 at 25/1 for promotion. Meaning that if Argyle win Promotion I will net just over 1K and if we get to the playoffs my bet placed earlier at 250/1 will also net 1K. If it all goes to sh*t I've still made a profit of £50 from my cash out, so in some cases cashing out makes sense. As I student I'd be delighted if we win promotion (even more so), my debts will be cleared and I can then learn how to drive. Thanks SkyBet. Now Argyle do the job! COYG

:thumbs:

Even if we now go on a losing streak (yeah yeah I know, how dare I suggest such a thing :greensmile: ) you have crystalised a profit with the potential to go on a get a far bigger profit with NO RISK. Bookie Basher. :nworthy:

COYG indeed

Feb 23, 2008
Plymouth
Latest odds after win at Oxford

Promotion / to win playoffs - 20/1
To finish top 6 - 6/1
To make the playoffs - 13/2
Top half finish - 1/4
Bottom half finish 3/1
Relegation 250/1

H

handbags blake

Not really because you would lose the bet if we made top 2 (unlikely I know)