BIG ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK - | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK -

J

jannerabroad

leep33":23jny6kz said:
Wednesday already and no announcement unless you count the signing of Zubar!!
Does anyone know how long Zubar has signed for, please.

G

Greenskin

argyleiggy":2ujssmeu said:
jannerabroad":2ujssmeu said:
leep33":2ujssmeu said:
Wednesday already and no announcement unless you count the signing of Zubar!!
Does anyone know how long Zubar has signed for, please.

25 years @ £10k a week.

Far too much.We'll never be able to afford a new bulb for the floodlight on the end of the grandstand at that rate.

J

jannerabroad

I think that I know what the big announcement this week will be. In previous weeks throughout the season our beloved leader has been on Argyle World waxing lyrical about the reasons why we won or lost our previous game(s). However he has not been heard of for almost a week, so pehaps the announcement will ne that he has resigned because of the lack of effort and skill being shown by the teams he puts out and the apparent dis-interest their appears to be from the supporters (apart from the 6,000 faithful fans). May I ask again, does anyone have a sensible answer to my question about Zubar.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
teign green":2xrcvhfa said:
cheshiregreen":2xrcvhfa said:
teign green":2xrcvhfa said:
On monday

Hope it's not an anti-climax.

More like a riot

Right then... you predict a riot... which makes me think of the Kaiser Chiefs... which suggests a link to Onismor Bhasera... or to his former club... Bhasera leaving before the loan window shuts... or another ex-KC player joining before the loan window shuts... or more likely something completely different...

The Doctor":klv3tv67 said:
teign green":klv3tv67 said:
cheshiregreen":klv3tv67 said:
teign green":klv3tv67 said:
On monday

More like a riot

Right then... you predict a riot... which makes me think of the Kaiser Chiefs... which suggests a link to Onismor Bhasera... or to his former club... Bhasera leaving before the loan window shuts... or another ex-KC player joining before the loan window shuts... or more likely something completely different...

Think you have it wrong, up to Kaiser Chiefs I agree, but Kaiser Chiefs abbreviated leaves KC.

KC must be KC and the Sunshine Band and one of their biggest hits was Shake Shake Shake (Shake Your Booty). Shake, perhaps Sheik?

Sheik, your booty

So there you have it, Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum is going to be the new defensive coach. Or something.

G

Greenskin

Chancellor":u7t86v9j said:
The Doctor":u7t86v9j said:
teign green":u7t86v9j said:
cheshiregreen":u7t86v9j said:
teign green":u7t86v9j said:
On monday

More like a riot

Think you have it wrong, up to Kaiser Chiefs I agree, but Kaiser Chiefs abbreviated leaves KC.

KC must be KC and the Sunshine Band and one of their biggest hits was Shake Shake Shake (Shake Your Booty). Shake, perhaps Sheik?

Sheik, your booty

So there you have it, Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum is going to be the new defensive coach. Or something.

Rubbish.The kaiser reference is obviously to Kaiser Wilhelm the second,better known as Kaiser Bill.Kaiser Bill was immortalised in the song "I was Kaiser Bill's batman".Batman's mortal enemy was Catwoman. "The Cat" was the nickname of Peter Bonetti,the ex Chelsea goalkeeper who had an english sounding christian name and a funny,foreign sounding surname.This leads to the obvious conclusion that Peter Halmosi,who has a rather similar type of moniker to Bonetti,will soon be winging his way back to Home park.See,its easy when you know how to interpret these things.

Greenskin":2kx7dh97 said:
Chancellor":2kx7dh97 said:
The Doctor":2kx7dh97 said:
teign green":2kx7dh97 said:
cheshiregreen":2kx7dh97 said:
teign green":2kx7dh97 said:
On monday

More like a riot

Sheik, your booty

Rubbish.The kaiser reference is obviously to Kaiser Wilhelm the second,better known as Kaiser Bill.Kaiser Bill was immortalised in the song "I was Kaiser Bill's batman".Batman's mortal enemy was Catwoman. "The Cat" was the nickname of Peter Bonetti,the ex Chelsea goalkeeper who had an english sounding christian name and a funny,foreign sounding surname.This leads to the obvious conclusion that Peter Halmosi,who has a rather similar type of moniker to Bonetti,will soon be winging his way back to Home park.See,its easy when you know how to interpret these things.

This is turning into an episode of 3-2-1.

I watched quite a few of those and didnt understand the links there either.

"Rather similar" = both ending in i, a bit like "live" and "die" then, and "four hundred and seventy-three thousand two hundred and twenty-nine" and "three"?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
KC in my book throws up a link to the KC Stadium in Hull City play.
KC stands for Kingston Communications, the private telephone communication company who ran a phone service in Hull and its' environs.
Is there a connection. Perhaps they want to sell Argyle a second hand stadium. I jest!

G

Greenskin

Chancellor":1dvzw1gt said:
Greenskin":1dvzw1gt said:
Chancellor":1dvzw1gt said:
The Doctor":1dvzw1gt said:
teign green":1dvzw1gt said:
cheshiregreen":1dvzw1gt said:
teign green":1dvzw1gt said:
On monday

More like a riot

Sheik, your booty

"Rather similar" = both ending in i, a bit like "live" and "die" then, and "four hundred and seventy-three thousand two hundred and twenty-nine" and "three"?

You've got it! Shall we now consign this amusing [well,maybe] little distraction to Dusty bin? :)

Feb 29, 2008
Chancellor":1pcq8gby said:
Greenskin":1pcq8gby said:
Chancellor":1pcq8gby said:
The Doctor":1pcq8gby said:
teign green":1pcq8gby said:
cheshiregreen":1pcq8gby said:
teign green":1pcq8gby said:
On monday

More like a riot

Sheik, your booty

:appl: