Big club or winnable draw? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big club or winnable draw?

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
A biggie please despite the annoyance of not being able to go.

A side observation, drawing 2 rounds in one go may potentially work against us. If we say drew a championship team in round 4, they may well haves played a weakened side like Huddersfield did. BUT with the way the draw is being done, if they know that round 5 will bring one of the big boys or a potential winnable passage to the quarters, they will more likely go full strength.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Logically we want as much financial benefit as possible so either something big that gives us a banker TV slot as the potential upset or if not that then as a possible upset victim.

Chorley will be nailed on for TV slot so they would be perfect , especially at home and the Mariner connection.

Then its Liverpool, United and City, Spurs and probably West Ham....

If we don't get on of those then we want someone at home that we can beat so any L1 and L2 side or lower Championship (please not I said CAN beat not WILL beat). If they can lost a large part of their squad to self isolation as well that would be helpful.

All the cup income is unbudgeted if I recall the Chairmans sensible budgeting so two more rounds with live coverage and the one more winners fee that entails will go a decent way to helping the club get through these difficult times. It also allows the non playing clubs to use up their games in hand so we can get a proper perspective on the League position. Although that may not be so enjoyable.

We get so few cup runs I would quite enjoy going a couple more rounds....and with the right draw and we despatch Chorley followed by say the winner of Cheltenham v Blackpool/Doncaster/Wycombe /Millwall then who knows???

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Two very winnable home games would be extremely exciting, so I’d go with that.

A televised big game in the fourth round is great but gets lost a bit, whereas a sixth round tie is a really big deal and massive exposure.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Apparently they went with a strong team against Bristol Rovers, so sadly if they do the same again we're not gonna have much of a chance in this one.

Nailed on to get Liverpool or Man United in round 5 now...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":137c7pos said:
Apparently they went with a strong team against Bristol Rovers, so sadly if they do the same again we're not gonna have much of a chance in this one.

Nailed on to get Liverpool or Man United in round 5 now...

They only scraped by 3 2 though.