Big up the Green army.... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big up the Green army....

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Melbourne Green":tyxaxf8v said:
Interesting stats - it would be interesting to see an average miles travelled per game and total miles travelled column in there. We have always had a fantastic away support.

How would you know where everyone travelled from though? For some GA members, home games are further than a lot of away.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Kevin_Dacombe":29nhntcc said:
Bermudian Green":29nhntcc said:
Willis88":29nhntcc said:
Bermudian Green":29nhntcc said:
I'm amazed that Franchise is the most popular ground to visit for away fans in the division. So much for a boycott.

Think everyone is going to expect the 3 points from them.

MK is quite centrally placed for clubs from London to Manchester with direct, fast trains, so for most is easiest away game to get to.

That's all true, I just didn't expect it to be much of a factor given how many people say they would never go to a game there.

I still never will.

Are they really that bad for football in general ?

If you look at their crowds, they have a bigger max gate than us this season, 14,762 and a pretty good average gate of 9,148, not bad for a team in the relegation zone and much better than the old / new Wombles. Sometimes it may be better to accept history and move on perhaps.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":12ui5dx2 said:
I'm amazed that Franchise is the most popular ground to visit for away fans in the division. So much for a boycott.

Maybe you can take photos there, unlike day Portman Road!?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Northernlightgreen":2f0rq3ds said:
Kevin_Dacombe":2f0rq3ds said:
Bermudian Green":2f0rq3ds said:
Willis88":2f0rq3ds said:
Bermudian Green":2f0rq3ds said:

Think everyone is going to expect the 3 points from them.

MK is quite centrally placed for clubs from London to Manchester with direct, fast trains, so for most is easiest away game to get to.

That's all true, I just didn't expect it to be much of a factor given how many people say they would never go to a game there.

I still never will.

Are they really that bad for football in general ?

If you look at their crowds, they have a bigger max gate than us this season, 14,762 and a pretty good average gate of 9,148, not bad for a team in the relegation zone and much better than the old / new Wombles. Sometimes it may be better to accept history and move on perhaps.

The only thing that sticks in the throat for me is as a brand new club they bypassed the fight to gain League status. However that isn’t unique, Chelsea did the same upon formation in 1905. Different times maybe but the EFL have admitted they were wrong to allow that and have vowed to never let it happen again. Wimbledon were on a life support machine from the moment they moved out of Merton. They should have been allowed to die graciously and be reformed in a normal fashion. MKD in my opinion were not responsible for the demise of Wimbledon.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
If you are a regular away follower of your team you will go, because a small following for that one game where a large following is the norm, could have an effect on the outcome of the game, i.e. 1 point instead of 3, that could have a bearing on the teams finishing position, promotion/relegation/play offs.