Blackpool v Plymouth Argyle - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackpool v Plymouth Argyle - the build up

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Thumbs up for the Stapletons...will they be there tomorrow...In the grandstand perhaps....

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oddball":15hlptkb said:
Thumbs up for the Stapletons...will they be there tomorrow...In the grandstand perhaps....

Why, and how, on earth could they? Seip is their son-in-law. He doesn't play for Blackpool any more and no fans can enter a stadium anyway. Come on Al, you're better than that.

B

Bonehead

Stapleton , the name whose legacy will certainly be the ‘man’ that nearly took Argyle out of existence , FACT.Meant allegedly, predictive text.

Still shudder when I see him . Sometimes at the ground on match days . It’s the sort of feeling turkeys get in their belly’s when Bernard Matthews walks into their pen / coop / field .

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
plymouth1970":ou0owenx said:
Stapleton , the name whose legacy will certainly be the ‘man’ that nearly took Argyle out of existence , FACT.Meant allegedly, predictive text.

Still shudder when I see him . Sometimes at the ground on match days . It’s the sort of feeling turkeys get in their belly’s when Bernard Matthews walks into their pen / coop / field .

Harsh!
They were guilty of not doing due diligence when they stepped down.
It wasn’t Stapleton, per se, that oversaw that mess!

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
It was Keith Todd that sanctioned Seip’s ability to play in the game after Paul,Sturrock put Seip on the transfer list following a fall out. Below is what Keith Todd said at the time,

Plymouth director Keith Todd said allowing Seip to play against his parent club would be beneficial.
"Marcel needs to be playing matches," he told the club's website.
"While it is sometimes the case that on-loan players are forbidden from playing against their parent club, all such situation need to be consider on their own merits.
"Should Marcel be selected against us, I am sure our players will enjoy playing against him."

It was a major misjudgement for the Stapleton’s to celebrate Seip’s match winning goal as they did in the security of the Director’s Box. It is no wonder fans quite understandably took it as ‘two fingers’ up to them. It symbolised the level of disconnect at the time as Argyle were hurtling towards a financial calamity.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oddball":aloa8yfn said:

Ironically, I have quite often seen them both at Home Park supporting Argyle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In the next home game, aimed at what Fletcher called 'the enemy within' ...
Screenshot-20210327-091719-Samsung-Internet.jpg

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I was there thst day and had a good view as away fans were housed on the half way line directly opposite the directors box.Marcel Seip scored Blackpools first and we lost two nil.I had no problem with him scoring,in fact you know he would.But the thumbs up from the Stapletons annoyed me and judging by those players it got through to them as well.As for life long Argyle fan Keith Todd...no comment.

P

Paranoid Android

999mattyg":2xaegcrd said:
plymouth1970":2xaegcrd said:

Harsh!
They were guilty of not doing due diligence when they stepped down.
It wasn’t Stapleton, per se, that oversaw that mess!

They didn't fire the shot but they loaded the gun. Due dilligence wasn't even a thing back then, and arguably isn't now. Half the owners are commercial crooks in one form or another. Hallett is a shining exception.