Board Rigid | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Board Rigid

Dec 2, 2010
Whatever the Board say to DA they must be both dreading and hoping in relation to the next home game against Burton.

Anything less than 4 points from the 2 home games is a minimum.

A loss against Burton and it will be more toxic than ever against Gills and an almost certain nil points.

That means a thing but a win against Burton they have to be looking at a Plan B.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He once played against Bournemouth (Harry Rednapp's first game in charge) but they spelt his name wrong in the programme.

'There's only one Tony Wratham". :greensmile:

Oct 31, 2015
Cobi Budge":1q03k636 said:
If we'd have waited another week to sack Fletcher we'd have almost certainly been relegated to non league. I hope we're more proactive this time, but something tells me that Adams will get even more time than Fletcher did.

I honestly think we are pass the time he needed to go tbh. From January we will be setting up for 4th division football ala Rotherham did in the championship 2 seasons ago. Just hope its with a new manager by then.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pilgrim61":10qgupmh said:
Whatever the Board say to DA they must be both dreading and hoping in relation to the next home game against Burton.

Anything less than 4 points from the 2 home games is a minimum.

A loss against Burton and it will be more toxic than ever against Gills and an almost certain nil points.

That means a thing but a win against Burton they have to be looking at a Plan B.

Burton will be no push overs. I think we’ll struggle to beat them tbh.

If we lose, the board really need to do something.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
The board will not sack DA, they can't afford to!

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
999mattyg":17zu29a8 said:

Really?

I’d guess that paying compensation will be cheaper than suffering enduring low crowds this season and starting next season with DA in charge in L2.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
JannerinCardiff":2krq5t3s said:
999mattyg":2krq5t3s said:

Really?

I’d guess that paying compensation will be cheaper than suffering enduring low crowds this season and starting next season with DA in charge in L2.

Well obviously they don't think we will go down to L2.

Reinforcing the squad with real quality in January will be a lot cheaper and less disruptive than dismissing Adams and his coaching staff.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Kentishgreen":17pzz7bu said:
Why are people fixated about the Board having football nous. When did we last have that? Oh yes Gardener wasn’t it, ex director of Man Utd. That ended well didn’t it! Football is a business. What you need on the Board is successful businesspeople. The Board delegates football knowledge to the Manager. That’s what he’s paid for. If the Manager doesn’t cut it then the Board should sack him. That doesn’t take an encyclopaedic knowledge of football!

Precisely this. It's not rocket science ffs. Managers are the ones(supposedly) with the football knowledge.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
lilcol":a6s3zgii said:
Kentishgreen":a6s3zgii said:
Why are people fixated about the Board having football nous. When did we last have that? Oh yes Gardener wasn’t it, ex director of Man Utd. That ended well didn’t it! Football is a business. What you need on the Board is successful businesspeople. The Board delegates football knowledge to the Manager. That’s what he’s paid for. If the Manager doesn’t cut it then the Board should sack him. That doesn’t take an encyclopaedic knowledge of football!

Precisely this. It's not rocket science ffs. Managers are the ones(supposedly) with the football knowledge.

Exactly. Can the Chairman of an engineering firm, machine tool a sprocket using a computer?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":3o98mnid said:
JannerinCardiff":3o98mnid said:
999mattyg":3o98mnid said:

Really?

Reinforcing the squad with real quality in January will be a lot cheaper and less disruptive than dismissing Adams and his coaching staff.

So to clarify, you want to let Adams go out and recruit EVEN MORE players when over the summer he went out and made sure we had two players for every position, the only problem being they are all below par, coupled with his ongoing trend of signing players who we then never actually see play for us?
If I was Hallett I'd tell him he's had his lot - its up to him if he wants to sign carbon copy carthorse centre backs and wingers he never plays. I'd tell him he needs to shift at least 5 of the dross he's signed before he can sign anyone else and, let's face it, no-one else is going to be mug enough to sign them.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
up_the_line":1gegaz5r said:
Biggs":1gegaz5r said:
JannerinCardiff":1gegaz5r said:
999mattyg":1gegaz5r said:

Really?

So to clarify, you want to let Adams go out and recruit EVEN MORE players when over the summer he went out and made sure we had two players for every position, the only problem being they are all below par, coupled with his ongoing trend of signing players who we then never actually see play for us?
If I was Hallett I'd tell him he's had his lot - its up to him if he wants to sign carbon copy carthorse centre backs and wingers he never plays. I'd tell him he needs to shift at least 5 of the dross he's signed before he can sign anyone else and, let's face it, no-one else is going to be mug enough to sign them.

Spot on unfortunately. Although I'd say that "at least 5" needs to be nearer 10.

Dec 2, 2010
Unfortunately I won't be able to get to today's game and Tuesday. I'm praying for 6 points (but that's virtually the season to date!). Anything less than 4 is unacceptable in our position.

If it's a bad result today and Tuesday the pressure on Hallett will be building but, I'm told by a very good source, that he will stick with Adams (he would have to walk) even if we're adrift at Xmas, and there is no prospect of major investment in January - it will have to be generated from resources - which means nothing, as no one will be coming in for any players.

Let's hope for all our sakes that results start to turn around, because HP could become a much more bitter place for the Board if it doesn't. In fact the above scenario is really the antithesis of what a Board of Directors is there to do - as that would mean virtual acceptance of relegation in the absence of any action other than sticking with the manager.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don’t see any decent investment until the grandstand starts bringing some money in..