Bogle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bogle

Mar 14, 2009
The Doctor":2lxb8qc0 said:
This isn’t going to make sense, but perhaps it will (sort of)...

For all his obvious effectiveness, he really wasn’t that effective yesterday.

Perhaps the problem was that he is new to the team and so his effectiveness at winning and protecting the ball wasn’t matched by the effectiveness with which he fitted into the overall team play.

I totally agree.

I don’t think Portsmouth used him at all well. I remember when he was at HP with Grimsby and was an absolute beast that night.

I also think the way they didn’t get Lowe on the ball and get him to run at Sawyer played into our hands.

Feb 2, 2007
phil-thefluter24":17t36nfj said:
Good match yesterday & overall played in a good spirit. Pompey came to play & that always helps! bit like Coventry the other week, nice to see unlike some of these clubs aka Wycombe who wouldnt know a good game of football if it bit them on the back side. I suppose thats" small club" syndrome. As regards Bogle he was well policed by Canavan & Edwards & showed flashes of true sportsmanship which is unfortunately rare in the cynical world of modern football

True- love it when the away team actually wants to win. It gives us more of a chance too.

On Wycombe's last two games at Home Park- the 3-3 was very entertaining and the 1-1 earlier in the season showed they can play when they want. The difference with both those games to others is that they were behind in the games and therefore needed to play to get something- they are so much better when they do that rather than the ridiculous game management antics Ainsworth insists on! :banghead:

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
BadBoy":1orducsh said:
Deacster":1orducsh said:
Looked a cocky sod but to be fair played well and held the ball up well, a poor man's Ladapo if you will, haha!
If he held the ball up "well" he's twice the player Freddie is as he doesn't have that in his skill set, if he can head the ball he's better again. Plenty of improvement to come from Ladapo in my opinion, he has time though....

Did you also notice how frustrated Ladapo was getting in the first half? He was constantly telling players to keep the ball down when it was flying past him in the air. We all know Ladapo is a ball at feet, on floor player so why 'hoof it' in the air to him?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd love Bogle playing for my club though. Just think he's a character and he can certainly play a bit.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I thought Edwards kept him fairly quiet and limited him.

Edwards has been rock solid since coming back into the team.