Bolasie off to Barnsley? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bolasie off to Barnsley?

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I will get tin hat ready but I really don't rate Yala and any fee for him with a nice sell on clause inserted will suit me tbh

G

Green Goblin

Bolasie has potential and is a natural winger with speed – but I have to say he looks bad at the moment.

I believe Bolasie could be very useful when he find his form again. He is only 21 and under contract to June 2012.

G

Gareth Nicholson

SSN reporting that Blackpool are making a bid for Adam Hammill, which would suggest that Barnsley could be in the market for a zippy winger to replace him.

G

Green Goblin

Hammill is highly rated after a successful season.

Would Barnsley (if the sell him) replace Hammill with a player from L1 currently out of form and not in the starting eleven?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Green Goblin":1wnhkh4e said:

Would Barnsley (if the sell him) replace Hammill with a player from L1 currently out of form and not in the starting eleven?

I think I am correct in saying Hammill left Liverpool having come through their celebrated Academy. I admit he is not Liverpool first team quality but his skill set is on another planet compared to Bolaisie, who without speed would be playing non-league soccer.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Quintrell_Green":xl730t11 said:
Green Goblin":xl730t11 said:

I think I am correct in saying Hammill left Liverpool having come through their celebrated Academy. I admit he is not Liverpool first team quality but his skill set is on another planet compared to Bolaisie, who without speed would be playing non-league soccer.
i agrre. and have you noticed that his speed has already diminished ?

G

Gareth Nicholson

Green Goblin":2mqkrie9 said:

Barnsley aren't exactly flushed for cash. What makes you think that they could spend all the money they got for Hammill on a like-for-like player? The money will probably go on paying off debt rather than on a big name signing. Given the right protection and role in the team, I think he could do something.

Oct 25, 2006
Peverell
Golden Hind":2kbccfmh said:
Interesting that it was away versus Barnsley where he had his best performance to date in an Argyle shirt.

We are not in administration so do not HAVE to sell. I would not let him go for that price. 80k does not clear enough of our debt to justify losing a player who I am assuming is a relatively low earner, has some first team experience and is a real candidate to fill in for Noone should we sell him in January.

If we sell our players for that kind of money, then we're still going bust. All it will mean is that Argyle play their last game fielding a youth team and getting thrashed, rather than finishing with enough players to stand a chance of a victory in our final stand.

But unfortunately we do have to sell. £300k for Noone plus £80k for Bolasie would be a hefty chunk of our immediate debt - the debt that threatens to put the club out of business in just over a month.

I don't know anything that would suggest this rumour is true, but I'm afraid we will be biting hands off over the coming days and weeks to offload any saleable assets (players) we can.

I'm sure Bolasie, a young and aspiring player on comparatively low wages, would be among those the cub would like to retain - but I fear the time for being choosy is now officially over.

G

greenshep7

Bolasie for £80K? As Meg Ryan once screamed Yes.....Yes.......Yes!!!!!!!!!!

B

bandwagon

He'd be really good if he could stay on his feet - geezer is like bambi on ice!! £80k - havin a larf, snap their hand off!!

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
bandwagon":3qas6ljp said:
He'd be really good if he could stay on his feet - geezer is like bambi on ice!! £80k - havin a larf, snap their hand off!!

Bambi on Ice, The Headless Chicken and The Carthorse.

All failures in the opinion of many on here, but all playing, on loan or of interest to Championship clubs.

Amazing how it so easy for some fans to put the boot in. :roll:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Dennis...you forgot the chuckle brothers...keep up...players get nicknames for a reason......

Aug 22, 2006
bandwagon":14s5zne2 said:

R u winding us up? 80k? For a relatively young player who has championship experience this is ridiculously small. Doesn't matter if he was the worst player we have in terms of form, he would need to leave for at least three times the amount to do us any favours.