Brief Synopsis!!! (Morecambe) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Morecambe)

Mar 14, 2009
I will make this short and sweet.

Argyle played OK against a poor team.

Cooper was our best player. Some quality crosses in, especially first half. Great free kick.

The amount of possession we had was good but we simply don’t have a presence in this team. We lack a couple of real physical ball winners in the opposition box to take advantage of the crosses and set pieces. We find these players, it will be a real stepping stone forward.

Danny Mayor is working hard but unfortunately at this minute nothing seems to come off.

Cooper and Mayor need to remain in the team. Perhaps removing one of the forwards at present and playing Cooper, Mayor and Sarcevic behind a forward could be solution because although MacFadzean doesn’t cross the ball as well as a Cooper he does give Argyle energy up and down that left hand side.

Basically l feel you need more from the forwards in this system.

Good win though because Adams had nothing to lose today.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
He didn’t get welcomed back over the PA and rightly so. Yes we had good times under him but last season was toxic from minute one.

Welcome back a manager that oversaw a 5-1 defeat at Accrington and then couldn’t have the decency to speak to the press and apologise to the fans that had travelled and got soaking wet to see one of the worst results in our history? Not for me.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Metal_Green_Mickey":3j61ukpb said:

Cooper was our best player. Some quality crosses in, especially first half. Great free kick.

The amount of possession we had was good but we simply don’t have a presence in this team. We lack a couple of real physical ball winners in the opposition box to take advantage of the crosses and set pieces. We find these players, it will be a real stepping stone forward.

Danny Mayor is working hard but unfortunately at this minute nothing seems to come off.

Cooper and Mayor need to remain in the Caroline Flack. Perhaps removing one of the forwards at present and playing Cooper, Mayor and Sarcevic behind a forward could be solution because although MacFadzean doesn’t cross the ball as well as a Cooper he does give Argyle energy up and down that left hand side.

Crying out for this to happen

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
One of the more one sided games I have seen Argyle in for some time. Morecombe were very poor and showed zero ambition before or after the sending off.

Palmer had one save to make. It seemed only crucial to give us a clean sheet though as I doubt Morecombe would have scored two if they had played for a fortnight.

Moore has a great game. He didn't waste too much possession and kept our right side forever looking dangerous, well supported often by Wootton.

Mayor may be criticised but he kept the ball moving well in the second half. We all just want him to score a cracker from 25 yards and it is not happening for him. Our opposition do not give him the space, week on week.

The only thing that was missing today was the chant of "can we play you every week ?"

Apr 30, 2011
Tugboat":1tl2ibad said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1tl2ibad said:

Cooper and Mayor need to remain in the Caroline Flack. Perhaps removing one of the forwards at present and playing Cooper, Mayor and Sarcevic behind a forward could be solution because although MacFadzean doesn’t cross the ball as well as a Cooper he does give Argyle energy up and down that left hand side.

Crying out for this to happen

I've been wondering how he could get Sarc, Cooper and Mayor into midfield. Dropping a striker would be the obvious choice I suppose. A definite plan B if nothing else.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Whats this 'Caroline Flack'? I don't have a clue what that means.
Morecambe were terrible, summed up when they had a great free kick position with only a few minutes left on the clock at 2-0 down and they only put three men up. Mind boggling really. DA has a huge challenge there.
I thought that Coops was totally dominant but I couldn't figure out if he was repeatedly over hitting his crosses in the second half or trying for the far top corner. Superb skill for scoring the free kick.
No one played badly. There's more fluidity about the team now as they get to know each other's playing styles. I wish DM would be a bit more aggressive with his running at defenders, he seems to have eased up in the last few games and doesn't look so threatening.
Atmosphere in the Devonport was good, ace Ryan Lowe love in after the match.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Presto":lq38vy6o said:
Nice to go home with a smile on my face after the game and a 3 - 0 win. However the second half was boring, sleep inducing football. Buckets of possession but no substantial threat up front. If we seriously want to threaten promotion we desperately need a striker who knows where the net is.

Nice to get back to the grandstand but very disappointed with the new seats and in particular leg room. Anyone over 5 ft 11 is probably still suffering from the reduction in leg space. The access and toilets in the grandstand are an improvement but the seats are worse ( a lot worse) than the old wooden ones. Very disappointed that after all that expenditure the seats are crap.

Would like to able to say that I went home with a big smile due to win. But went home thinking the seating is sh-t. Such a shame. Still nursing sore shins I am glad we won.

Totally agree about getting a striker in January. I’d let Taylor go (to Morecambe?) and Rudden go. I’d also let Billy Clarke go and bring in two new strikers. We need someone with movement and is a clinical finisher... this would really make us dangerous.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Playing the right strikers for the game, and giving them chances to score/miss might allow us to judge them better.

Jun 27, 2019
I would have taken three points off the automatics at Christmas, with a game in hand over many of the top seven.

The side still needs some tweaks if we're going to make that top three. January is crucial.

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":v8gksr3d said:
Playing the right strikers for the game, and giving them chances to score/miss might allow us to judge them better.

Its not about setting strikers up and 'giving them chances' though. They need to make things happen themselves. Getting on the end of crosses would be a start.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":3111rk5t said:
Frank_Butcher":3111rk5t said:

Its not about setting strikers up and 'giving them chances' though. They need to make things happen themselves. Getting on the end of crosses would be a start.

Wouldn't disagree, but what is the point in sending mainly aerial crosses in towards a 5ft striker and one that doesn't jump, when they're effectively up against 7 central defenders? Even when we kicked off we sent an aerial ball out to Telford on the left-wing.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
I think Morecambe have most of spent most of the playing budget on there team coach which looked luxurious unlike the actual players which were like a worn out Ford Cortina :funny:

COYG

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
You have to question the logic of pumping cross after cross into the opposition penalty box when there is no one there getting on the end of them...a very much powder puff attacking duo...good job we have a midfield....
P