Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd)

Apr 30, 2011
vibratingspider":3cpec039 said:
Physically Camara reminds me a bit of Bolasie. He’s all arms and legs flailing around but my heavens, he’s an exciting player to have on the team.

He reminds me of Jimmy Abdou, but with more quality on the ball.

Oct 4, 2016
Enjoyed the game. Would like to see Opoku or Aimison given chance in the Fornah position with Macleod out and bring in another central defender on loan.

Fornah does ok but does not drive forward enough when he gets the ball, like Reeves he always goes sideways or backwards and we loose momentum and his defensive closing down is slow.

Opoku and Aimison like to drive forward and can tackle.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
BiggleswadeGreen":1kac5ceh said:
Enjoyed the game. Would like to see Opoku or Aimison given chance in the Fornah position with Macleod out and bring in another central defender on loan.

Fornah does ok but does not drive forward enough when he gets the ball, like Reeves he always goes sideways or backwards and we loose momentum and his defensive closing down is slow.

Opoku and Aimison like to drive forward and can tackle.

Sadly, I cannot see your nominees being successful as they lack the type of tight ball controls for a midfield role. Fornah has more of the skill set about him and at least can turn away from tackles rather than lose the ball. I agree he does not advance far but that is not the role he is given by RL. He is a poor man's Fox really in a 'quarter-back' situation.
. Those expected to advance are Edwards, Camara, Grant and Mayor and they do it with varying degrees of success in varying matches. At the moment, they do not seem able to synchronise all at the same time. On the other hand we can we ourselves say we are equally productive every day of the week in our own working environment. We are all human AFTER ALL.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Aimson has adopted bringing the wall out from Wootton and does it effectively.

Unfortunately he did it a few times yesterday and we didn’t have a suitable outlet for him and he had to play it sideways or back.

Surely Fornah should be providing an outlet for the ball to advance further?

Oct 4, 2016
Tugboat":1zcrynax said:
Aimson has adopted bringing the wall out from Wootton and does it effectively.

Unfortunately he did it a few times yesterday and we didn’t have a suitable outlet for him and he had to play it sideways or back.

Surely Fornah should be providing an outlet for the ball to advance further?

Thats my point he constantly holds back so the forward players have no support so they drift further back to try and get the ball....

Jun 27, 2019
briangreen":10qphk4o said:
I thought Wootton did quite well in the DM position

Agreed, he made a couple of good interceptions and his passing range was decent. His issue is concentrating for 90 minutes, so perhaps he can play a super-sub DM role from now on?

Oct 14, 2015
WoodsyGreen":xj35tb7d said:
briangreen":xj35tb7d said:

Agreed, he made a couple of good interceptions and his passing range was decent. His issue is concentrating for 90 minutes, so perhaps he can play a super-sub DM role from now on?

Blimey Woodsey you praised Wootton..... :funny: :funny:

Jun 27, 2019
Welwyn Pilgrim":354jcd1p said:
WoodsyGreen":354jcd1p said:
briangreen":354jcd1p said:

Blimey Woodsey you praised Wootton..... :funny: :funny:

I'm glad someone noticed, Welwyn :greensmile:

It's not the first time and I hope it won't be the last. We should all keep an open mind when it comes to players we don't rate, as the tale of Chris Billy warns!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Pan is great - brilliant to watch and it's lovely to see someone playing with such enthusiasm. He has great pace and an amazing ability to stretch out his legs to get tackles in when they look impossible but I also think he's pretty skillful and he reads the game well. So all in all, he's a cracking find for the club.

Although we went behind twice on Saturday and the stats show that H had more possession, watching the game I never felt that we weren't going to win it. Mayor had a much more consistent game - one of his best for the club. I still didn't understand all the substitutions - they just seem to unsettle things so unless players are significantly tiring and Lowe and co are acted on fitness information that means they are subbing players BEFORE they start to flag significantly and/or make fatigue-related mistakes it just all seems a bit odd. But I did read a book a few years back that made the point that most managers leave making subs too late and only remove players AFTER their play/influence has deteriorated at the cost of mistakes occurring that damage the team. So perhaps someone is being really smart about things.