Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House)

Jul 12, 2016
moles40":dfnptrn1 said:
Once we start taking our chances in games then this league better watch out.

Great chance of auto- promotion this season, despite everything like no crowd to help the team to victory.

Cloud cuckoo land. We are nowhere near good enough in defence,midfield or attack.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":wlxeymw8 said:
Cobi Budge":wlxeymw8 said:
Finishing cost us yesterday more than anything. We can pick apart a poor second half performance, but we still had opportunities., and lots of our play up to the 18 yard box was very good. In the first half Jephcott put a simple header over. In the second half Nouble, Mayor, Camara and Telford all had chances to win the game for us. We need to be sharper in front of goal. We're often guilty of taking one touch too many, by which time the angle has closed or we've been charged down. That's the crux of it for me. If (and yes it's an if) we can become a little more lethal in front of goal, we'll be fine (not that 9th represents a poor start by any means anyhow).

Talk about stating the obvious! If we win games we will be fine.

Not really what I said but fair enough.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":2amyg4w3 said:
We are nowhere near good enough in defence,midfield or attack.

Being 9th in the league would suggest otherwise, we've proved thus far we're competitive at this level. Come back to me if we're in the bottom four by the end of the season and then I'll agree.

Jun 27, 2019
PL2 3DQ":2bxe9p46 said:
With the squad rotation going on at the moment and the amount of games being played Lowe has the perfect excuse of resting Cooper without denting his confidence.
The problem is - is Ruddy and McCormick (when fit in a few weeks) any better?
Only Cooper, Watts and Mayor have started every league game this season.

No, and definitely no.

I've now seen enough to make my mind up that Cooper has a reasonable future in the game but isn't yet ready to be a regular League One keeper. He should have been an understudy to a better keeper this season, perhaps playing some cup games and the odd midweek fixture.

The alternatives are poor, though, and watching Palmer in Lincoln's goal the other night just underlined what we're missing.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":6ham01po said:
PL2 3DQ":6ham01po said:
With the squad rotation going on at the moment and the amount of games being played Lowe has the perfect excuse of resting Cooper without denting his confidence.

No, and definitely no.

I've now seen enough to make my mind up that Cooper has a reasonable future in the game but isn't yet ready to be a regular League One keeper. He should have been an understudy to a better keeper this season, perhaps playing some cup games and the odd midweek fixture.

The alternatives are poor, though, and watching Palmer in Lincoln's goal the other night just underlined what we're missing.

I don't think being an understudy yet again would have done much for his development. The two options would have been to loan him out, or to put faith in him and make him our no1, we've gone with the latter and I think it's right we stick with that.

Jun 27, 2019
Cobi Budge":3o6wjgnq said:
WoodsyGreen":3o6wjgnq said:
PL2 3DQ":3o6wjgnq said:

No, and definitely no.

I don't think being an understudy yet again would have done much for his development. The two options would have been to loan him out, or to put faith in him and make him our no1, we've gone with the latter and I think it's right we stick with that.

Maybe not, but nor would a loan if it wasn't to the right club and the right level.

We do have to stick with it now, you're right on that.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
greensalt":hsyw8641 said:
gaspargomez":hsyw8641 said:
Crap goalkeeping for both the goal and the disallowed goal.

He should have been sent out on loan for a season to gain experience.

I'm afraid I tend to agree. We need a keeper who takes crosses, takes the pressure off defenders and gives them more confidence.

I think this is probably the best season for him to be with us. We're not likely to go up or down, so let him get the experience. He is going to make mistakes, and if he learns from them he becomes a better keeper every game and keeps the place. If not in January we perhaps look at a loan.

He definitely needs to work on confidence from crosses. Always seems in two minds. Watching the alternative angle I'm still of the opinion he couldn't decide what to do and it left him no chance of either. Committing to fisting it out, or staying on his line to save the shot and maybe he keeps a clean sheet.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am fully supportive of Mike Cooper. He has done very well so far. There are not many keepers, young or experienced, in League 1 or 2 who are able to regularly come out and collect crosses in a crowded six yard box; Palmer didn’t do that on a regular basis, often leaving it to his defenders last season.
He only conceded one goal yesterday and I believe that he should not have hesitated when he came for the cross.
However, we had opportunities to score at least 4 or 5 and if only a couple had gone in we would not have been concerned about Cooper’s performance.
He has made many excellent saves already this season and I am confident that he will have to make many more.

Sep 6, 2006
Young league 1 player makes slight mistake. Hold the front page. And where was the defence? . We had already had a warning a few minutes earlier.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Brief synopsis: Probably hoped for a bit more at Wigan, but 9th in the table after 8 games having only lost to the teams 1st and 3rd in the league, I'd have taken that at the start of the season. There seems to be an awful lot of negativity around, which seems baffling as its not as if Argyle are struggling. Do people just like to moan?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Bezza":2owkt8wk said:
Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd): Probably hoped for a bit more at Wigan, but 9th in the table after 8 games having only lost to the teams 1st and 3rd in the league, I'd have taken that at the start of the season. There seems to be an awful lot of negativity around, which seems baffling as its not as if Argyle are struggling. Do people just like to moan?
bezza i am positive about argyle,we have a good management team and a superb owner but i was moaning like hell after the wigan match.wigan were abject and there for the slaughter and we struggled to a draw.i think we are going up. :thumbup:

Sep 6, 2006
Bezza":3rqcoy6j said:
Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd): Probably hoped for a bit more at Wigan, but 9th in the table after 8 games having only lost to the teams 1st and 3rd in the league, I'd have taken that at the start of the season. There seems to be an awful lot of negativity around, which seems baffling as its not as if Argyle are struggling. Do people just like to moan?

I suggest you look at the teams we have played Bezza before getting optimistic. Apart from the 2 we lost all are struggling and most if not all will be relegation candidates. If we cant beat Wigan or Wimbledon not sure who we will beat away. Steve we are NOT going up. Be sensible.