Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Finally back to Plymouth after a few nasty diversions along the way.

If we continue to play like that every week, we’ll be at the right end of the table come the end of the season.

We were the better side in the first half despite going in behind, and then from HT right up until their penalty, we played some sublime football.

It’s easy to see why Crawley have made a good start, they’re tough defensively with a very good keeper, and they have the ability to look dangerous particularly on the counter. Whilst being quite a physical side, they weren’t dirty side which was good to see.

I’d keep the same team if possible, although we did concede 2 sloppy goals, defensively we were more balanced and Aimson had a good full debut. Joe Edwards was a lot better at RWB than he was at Vale and he wouldn’t have been in the positions to score had he not been at RWB. Midfield was dynamic & attacking. The partnership of Moore & Grant up top tore Crewe apart on the opening day and did similar tonight, they have to be our front 2 if fit.

Crawley have a neat & tidy little ground (though it definitely reminds you of the league we’re back in), a really good club bar, and the atmosphere in the away end was quite good.

More positives than negatives.

Goodnight!

Dec 4, 2011
Very much agree with the positivity about last nights display and I feel that we are very close to clicking. Probably need the rub of the green on a few occasions in order to get a run going and then turn our glass jaw into an iron one.
Also agree about the ground... it did feel like we were back to square one and seemed the perfect platform for a few pillocks to continually use foul language to abuse a steward and then their keeper. The steward took it very well but I wish he would’ve thrown them out!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Watched on ifollow.
Sooo frustrating! Once again for periods of the game our play was very good- and those periods lasted longer than at Vale. Once again we failed to capitalise on our dominance- free kicks and corners were wasted and final balls were played behind oncoming team mate or without conviction.
Aimson looks to be an upgrade both in defence and attack but I still got nervous every time Crawley got the ball in our half. Two very soft goals gifted to them whilst they made us work very hard for ours.
Baxter and Mayor have quality but sometimes get complacent or see passes others in Green don’t and end up giving the ball away.
8 shots on target and their keeper saved 6 of them; that’s not going to happen every game.
Signs of improvement but still a work in progress.

Oct 12, 2015
Much happier with the playing out from the back last night....The changes spoke volumes, imo.
Still somewhat frustrating when the playing out only leads us to lose it again on the half way line, but I consider it largely a step in the right direction...

Hope we can build on this...thoroughly enjoyed the game last night. Less so, my journey home :crazy:

Apr 5, 2008
SinceIWasYoung":35v5c4g3 said:
Very much agree with the positivity about last nights display and I feel that we are very close to clicking. Probably need the rub of the green on a few occasions in order to get a run going and then turn our glass jaw into an iron one.
Also agree about the ground... it did feel like we were back to square one and seemed the perfect platform for a few pillocks to continually use foul language to abuse a steward and then their keeper. The steward took it very well but I wish he would’ve thrown them out!

Yeah we really have some total pillocks that follow this club away,thinking it’s ok to spend most the match abusing a couple of stewards doing their job.The older steward was ok about it,he was a having a bit of banter with some of the fans,despite the abuse,but the young steward behind the goal,you could see he was getting upset about it.
Thought clubs have a zero tolerance on abusive behaviour and people being totally drunk like some of the idiots shouting out rubbish are supposed to not be allowed in the ground,well they don’t seem to follow up on it,as the idiot to the left of me and several other idiots,spent most the 2nd half foul mouthing either the stewards or the Crawley Goalkeeper,who had a blinder of a game,probably inspired him hearing all the rubbish being shouted at him.