Brief synopsis | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
vastly improved performance after the fleetwood surrender.in truth we could have lost 5-0 but for poor finishing by the posh.my main points are we are a bit too obvious in our play which is going to be easy for oppositions to work out and also tonight we had no creativity in the midfield.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Steve Evans":3ulfo70v said:
vastly improved performance after the fleetwood surrender.in truth we could have lost 5-0 but for poor finishing by the posh.my main points are we are a bit too obvious in our play which is going to be easy for oppositions to work out and also tonight we had no creativity in the midfield.

It was vastly improved but we could have lost by a bigger margin?

Sep 2, 2008
up_the_line":324uj6vb said:
Steve Evans":324uj6vb said:

It was vastly improved but we could have lost by a bigger margin?

My thoughts exactly :funny:

Jun 27, 2019
Disappointing to be so inferior to a small club like Peterborough and the northern fraudsters from Fleetwood, but we now know where we are: a mile off the standard required for promotion, but good enough to take plenty of points off the division's lesser lights.

Mid-table it is then.

Feb 15, 2005
Still we are very poor away from home and I believe on current form we are going to nearer the bottom than we’d like to be. We have to address our formation away from home and be a little more solid in defence, maybe 4-5-1 when we play the better teams.

Oct 5, 2013
buck197":oyubne3x said:
Still we are very poor away from home and I believe on current form we are going to nearer the bottom than we’d like to be. We have to address our formation away from home and be a little more solid in defence, maybe 4-5-1 when we play the better teams.

Better tonight but agree that away form and strategy needs addressing quickly.

Jul 6, 2011
I cant see tonight's line up as our strongest team. Too much inexperience in defence and very little bite in midfield which stifled the forward line.
I want to see McLeod back in midfield, Canavan CB and Moore at RWB.
For me - Cooper, Watts, Canavan, Aimson,
Moore, Camara, McLeod, Mayor, Cooper
Hardie, Jephcott.
Lowe likes to attack and this is an attacking team.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think we were poor, they just had more quality which was to be expected.

I've got to be honest though I'm not sold on the 352 away from home at L1 level, would like to see a little more flexibilty to find an away formula, even if that just means trialling a 343.

Sep 2, 2008
We played like a team bereft of any confidence and more worryingly, belief. Cooper should never have started. All he did by playing was vindicate the decision Peterborough made to let him go. I have no idea what Opoku was doing when he just let their No.9 break the line to take the obvious pass from which he scored. We played like a league 2 side. Constantly passing the ball into touch or running it into touch following some atrocious control. Peterborough should have scored as many as Fleetwood did. We have not played with any intensity in the past two games. Its almost as if we're beaten before we even kick off. We've played enough games now for teams to have worked us out and with Lowe telling everyone that he isn't going to change the way we play I can only see difficult times ahead. There was no energy in the middle of the park. That game was crying out for Camara to be brought on for the last 20mins. Peterborough had 5 across the middle towards the end so we needed someone that could carry the ball and break through that line. I really am starting to wonder if Lowe and his staff are that tactically astute :think:

Mar 14, 2009
Slightly concerned over RL comments.

“I thought we were very good, especially in the second half. In the first half, when you have been beaten five, you have always got that little bit of fear in you. They are human beings. But what I saw tonight was a team that were fighting through thick and thin, playing the right way, playing the right brand, and unfortunate not to take a point here at probably one of the best teams that we are going to face.”

It was only poor finishing that stopped a comfortable win.

We were better in the second half. However we weren’t “very good”.

He says we are playing the right way but we were toothless tonight.

You need a plan B and when l see comments like this l think is there one??

Survival is the aim but he has to show signs of adapting otherwise better teams will pick us off unfortunately. For example, if your going to play wing backs they need a lot of pace and energy and the only one who has this is Moore but l think he doesn’t have an end product.

Be interesting to see if Lowe can adapt his philosophy because Mayor at CM and Cooper at LWB is like having square pegs in round holes. Good players but wrong positions for them l fear.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Metal_Green_Mickey":1jvtxf6m said:

“I thought we were very good, especially in the second half. In the first half, when you have been beaten five, you have always got that little bit of fear in you. They are human beings. But what I saw tonight was a team that were fighting through thick and thin, playing the right way, playing the right brand, and unfortunate not to take a point here at probably one of the best teams that we are going to face.”

Survival is the aim but he has to show signs of adapting otherwise better teams will pick us off unfortunately. For example, if your going to play wing backs they need a lot of pace and energy and the only one who has this is Moore but l think he doesn’t have an end product.

Be interesting to see if Lowe can adapt his philosophy because Mayor at CM and Cooper at LWB is like having square pegs in round holes. Good players but wrong positions for them l fear.

Whereas I think Lowe’s comments are almost entirely fair and accurate. I would just remove his fifth word: ‘very’

Jul 24, 2009
The Doctor":3aqmeigm said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3aqmeigm said:

Whereas I think Lowe’s comments are almost entirely fair and accurate. I would just remove his fifth word: ‘very’
Agreed, although I'd also change the 'unfortunate not to take a point' to 'in the end could have taken a point'.

I don't think we were terrible, though in no way did we deserve to draw, but I do worry that the current away set-up / formula is not working and looking to Lowe to show tactical nous.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Pottypilgrim":2kt4r3si said:
We played like a team bereft of any confidence and more worryingly, belief. Cooper should never have started. All he did by playing was vindicate the decision Peterborough made to let him go. I have no idea what Opoku was doing when he just let their No.9 break the line to take the obvious pass from which he scored. We played like a league 2 side. Constantly passing the ball into touch or running it into touch following some atrocious control. Peterborough should have scored as many as Fleetwood did. We have not played with any intensity in the past two games. Its almost as if we're beaten before we even kick off. We've played enough games now for teams to have worked us out and with Lowe telling everyone that he isn't going to change the way we play I can only see difficult times ahead. There was no energy in the middle of the park. That game was crying out for Camara to be brought on for the last 20mins. Peterborough had 5 across the middle towards the end so we needed someone that could carry the ball and break through that line. I really am starting to wonder if Lowe and his staff are that tactically astute :think:

We've played 2 very good sides away from home. We were atrocious on Saturday and rightly stuffed. Tonight we huffed and we puffed but we didn't lay a glove on them. If Posh had won 3 or 4-0 I don't think anyone could have argued.
The last 2 matches have demonstrated where we are at as a team, and where we need to get to. There will be more defeats like these to come, but hopefully Lowe and team will learn from each one, and adapt tactically and with reinforcements in January.

Ratings for tonight;

M.Cooper 6
Wootton 6
Opoku 6
Watts 7
Fornah 8
Edwards 5
Grant 6
Mayor 6
G.Cooper 5
Hardie 5
Jephcott 6

Moore 5
Reeves 7
Nouble 6
Telford 5

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not sure what some expected this year. We have played 8 of the 11 other teams in the top half and 5 of the 12 in the bottom half so 11th place is no real cause for concern at this stage. We are clearly lacking a bit of the quality we have seen from some of the top side's better players but mid table and push on again for next season is what most hoped for isn't it?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":3qk4qpxj said:
Not sure what some expected this year. We have played 8 of the 11 other teams in the top half and 5 of the 12 in the bottom half so 11th place is no real cause for concern at this stage. We are clearly lacking a bit of the quality we have seen from some of the top side's better players but mid table and push on again for next season is what most hoped for isn't it?

Exactly.

To be honest, I think some people are just ignoring the fact that we're in a much better league than last season, and they seem to be expecting the same results. It's going to be tougher, and we're going fine at the moment.