Brief synopsis | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Sep 2, 2008
skynet":401ptkv0 said:
We had Bakinson last year- unfortunately McCleod and Fornah are nowhere near the same standard.

I agree. Lowe bangs on about how good McLeod is but like you, I'm not convinced. Their 2nd goal would never have happened if McLeod had kept his shape and not been naively drawn out from the middle by the Oxford player. This created the massive space for their right back to run into. Lowe says that the lads are always working to improve but I'm guessing they don't spend much time on shape. What McLeod did really was schoolboy level. I much prefer Reeves.

Mar 14, 2009
I refuse to give up on Lowe after such little time in the job.

Yes lm frustrated by what lm seeing but all manager make mistakes. The issue is how quickly they identify the mistakes and rectify them.

Look at Solskjaer for Utd. I’ve never been convinced watching this guy. He chops and changes the team regularly. He plays Linerleof and Maguire together and are constantly exposed by their lack of pace. Suddenly, he now plays Bailey in the team alongside Maguire. They look better defensively. Yet will he recognise one of Maguire / Lindleof need pace alongside side them. He also brought in Fernandes in January that transformed that team as a forward unit.

I’m still not convinced about Solskjaer but you can’t argue over time he has improved that side each season.

Maybe Lowe will eventually find the right formula.

Sep 2, 2008
I could cut him some slack and say that if Aimson hadn't dived in to make the challenge when there was no need too or McLeod hadn't been so naively drawn out of position then perhaps two of their goals wouldn't have been scored. Thing is though, I keep coming back to the fact that this is his team. He recruited the bulk of this team, he picks the 1st eleven and he is responsible for motivating them. He needs to identify the right team...perhaps a good start point would be to dump the stat/data driven recruitment tool that Argyle apparently use. It may work well for better geographically located sides but not for Argyle.

Jul 12, 2016
Pottypilgrim":utmoaugn said:
I could cut him some slack and say that if Aimson hadn't dived in to make the challenge when there was no need too or McLeod hadn't been so naively drawn out of position then perhaps two of their goals wouldn't have been scored. Thing is though, I keep coming back to the fact that this is his team. He recruited the bulk of this team, he picks the 1st eleven and he is responsible for motivating them. He needs to identify the right team...perhaps a good start point would be to dump the stat/data driven recruitment tool that Argyle apparently use. It may work well for better geographically located sides but not for Argyle.
And he is managing Argyle not Liverpool! :facepalm:

Mar 14, 2009
I’m guessing that stat driven analysis identified Camara. I’m not sure but hasn’t has only been properly taking shape at the start of this season by gaining a partnership with a football data driven firm?

You got to give things a chance. I know you can’t keep saying that forever but despite the mistakes l feel Lowe makes if you sack a manager every 18 months your club isn’t going anywhere.

Sep 2, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":1px49cwf said:
I’m guessing that stat driven analysis identified Camara. I’m not sure but hasn’t has only been properly taking shape at the start of this season by gaining a partnership with a football data driven firm?

You got to give things a chance. I know you can’t keep saying that forever but despite the mistakes l feel Lowe makes if you sack a manager every 18 months your club isn’t going anywhere.

..and probably Nouble. Thing about the data/stat tool is that it more than likely identifies a number of potential candidates but not necessarily ones that are happy to come down here. I imagine that the list is ranked with the best one 1st and we actually end up with the worst ranked of the bunch because he is the only one willing to come here...and that's only probably cos he doesn't have any other options because he's coming back from a bad injury. Our location is a real issue when it comes to recruitment which kinda negates the use of a data/stat driven recruitment tool...imo. I'm thinking that our location is also another reason why major investors don't seem interested in the 'sleeping giant' as well. They'd have to pay much more than normal to get the decent players down here in order for Argyle to be successful and I'm guessing that's not very appealing to a major investor.

Sep 6, 2006
Pottypilgrim":pvry4qf0 said:

Re Macleod and 2nd goal Moore was most culpable. Completely awol from his position allowing an easy cross which was converted.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Moore was culpable for the second goal but McLeod did not jump to intercept the free kick that resulted in their first goal.