Burton v Argyle Match thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burton v Argyle Match thread

Apr 5, 2008
BBC has us on 55 points, so are safe, let's hope for better next season though, miles away from the top 6,at least Sunderland are blowing up again :lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Yet again. Lack of experience at the back finds us out.
Why take Hardie off for Moore? Hardie was still looking dangerous and full of running.
It seems that our strikers are considered ‘60 minuters’. Surely, they are trained to play for 90 minutes.
It would not surprise me if Hardie, rather than Ennis, was about to be substituted until he scored.
Hardie MoM. Rant over.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We have 53 points. Rochdale have 39 but have 5 games to play so they can get to 54 and overtake us if they win all 5 and we lose all 4 of our remaining games. The latter could happen given the teams we still have to play (Charlton, Oxford, Sunderland and Gillingham) but it would be pretty astonishing if Rochdale won all of their fixtures (Blackpool, Crewe, Wimbledon, Doncaster and MK Dons). Note that they have to WIN all 5 games - if they win 4 and draw one they end up on 52 points which is not enough to catch us.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Frustrated as hell but we have crawled over the line

Lack of nous at the back has costed us again- & the fact it is the same players making the same errors is galling

I think hatred is a very strong word but my heart sinks when the same names are on the team sheet

Hopefully our youngsters will get a chance- it comes to something when the main talking point after the game is the errors & the decision making of the loanees

Charlton on Tuesday will be a different kettle of fish

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Devongreenowl":3fxcbc5b said:
oldage":3fxcbc5b said:
Ottawa Green":3fxcbc5b said:
Still not safe
Oh yes we are! Mathematically we cannot be caught.

STOP PRESS
Oldage in positive post shock :lol:

Yeah but he was relying on false information.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
moles40":1ck9dnty said:
BBC has us on 55 points, so are safe, let's hope for better next season though, miles away from the top 6,at least Sunderland are blowing up again :lol:

BBC is wrong we have 53 points

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oldage":1rfelgd8 said:
jerryatricjanner":1rfelgd8 said:
He will be more shocked that he has got it wrong.
Have the BBC got it wrong????
Oh well back to Victor Meldrew mode!
They did indeed. Oldage, I always think that as each year passes Victor seems more and more normal.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3fq2qdab said:
moles40":3fq2qdab said:

BBC is wrong we have 53 points
Not just the Beeb. Sky and plenty of others say 55 too. No doubt all from the same source.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You’re right, that’s very bizarre. Perhaps the EFL or Press Association is the source they all take it from, and they’ve cocked up.

It’s 100% definitely 53 points.