Busy summer ahead | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Busy summer ahead

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Whatever happens from here until the end of season, there is quite a big "to do" list building and that's just on the football side.

1) Recruit new manager/head coach

2) Recruit backroom staff. Ireland Tivey & Flahavan only here until end of season I think?

3) Playing squad needs big overhaul- assuming as minimum that Galloway & Miller not staying? (Any more out of contract?)
Loanees Phillips Devine Sousa return to clubs, so squad looks numerically pretty thin.

4) Pre season arrangements- friendly schedule, training camp needs sorting.

5) Find some investors.

Big challenges ahead. Next manager appointment has to be someone with a clear vision and thoughts on how the above points can be implemented effectively as well as having the right playing style for the club's criteria.

Last edited:

Argyletillidie

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 1, 2021
Bristol
Whatever happens from here until the end of season, there is quite a big "to do" list building and that's just on the football side.

1) Recruit new manager/head coach

2) Recruit backroom staff. Ireland Tivey & Flahavan only here until end of season I think?

3) Playing squad needs big overhaul- assuming as minimum that Galloway & Miller not staying? (Any more out of contract?)
Loanees Phillips and Devine Sousa return to clubs, so squad looks numerically pretty thin.

4) Pre season arrangements- friendly schedule, training camp needs sorting.

5) Find some investors.

Big challenges ahead. Next manager appointment has to be someone with a clear vision and thoughts on how the above points can be implemented effectively as well as having the right playing style for the club's criteria.
I would bet on Hardie, Whittaker, Cooper not being here too, potentially Edwards, Forshaw. We could see a huge recruitment drive take place.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
I would bet on Hardie, Whittaker, Cooper not being here too, potentially Edwards, Forshaw. We could see a huge recruitment drive take place.
Assuming the worst happens (sorry I’m just going for the most pessimistic view here) first game of the season in league one wouldn’t be far from this:

Hazard (Cooper gone)

Sorinola
Scarr - reckon he’d stay if he’s reintroduced by ND
New player - Gibson may stay but likely have takers
New player - Galloway gone

Randell
Houghton
Forshaw / Wright / new player

Mumba
New player
New player

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The approach to the next manager/head coach appointment will be crucial.

Does the approach taken to recruit Foster get adjusted or does the Board take the view that the process was not flawed?

Clearly, the club will be looking to make an appointment in May as there's lots to be sorted. Of course, the football industry often is very quiet in May with people recuperating post season.

Additionally, the League we are playing in will have an impact on our appeal to potential candidates plus what we can afford. Hopefully that position might be a little clearer by time we play Leicester.

Sep 3, 2011
Top priority has to be selling seson tickets. Has there been an announcement on season tickets? Who knows what a relegation would do to numbers. Maybe a drop of 2,000. Its not guaranteed those on the waiting list would still be interested.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Top priority has to be selling seson tickets. Has there been an announcement on season tickets? Who knows what a relegation would do to numbers. Maybe a drop of 2,000. Its not guaranteed those on the waiting list would still be interested.

Been no announcement on season tickets and I don’t expect it to be anything said regarding them until after season ends

Aug 30, 2006
Assuming the worst happens (sorry I’m just going for the most pessimistic view here) first game of the season in league one wouldn’t be far from this:

Hazard (Cooper gone)

Sorinola

Randell
Houghton

Mumba
New player
New player
Bundu??

Reactions: Green rottie

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

I think for this reason as well as any other, the new man has to be fairly charismatic. Any junior Klopps knocking about?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth

Hazard (Cooper gone)

Sorinola

Randell
Houghton

Mumba
New player
New player

I don’t think we’ll lose Cooper. He’s only recently recovered from a 2nd serious injury and he isn’t back to his best yet. We won’t get the fee we want for him this summer.

Reactions: Furnell

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I think for this reason as well as any other, the new man has to be fairly charismatic. Any junior Klopps knocking about?
We need to find Ryan Lowe's Spanish equivalent, that would tick a number of boxes.

I'm doing a course through the Barca Innovation Hub at the moment (I'm ruling myself out for the Argyle job at present, owing to absence of any experience and not being Spanish) so I will see if I can find anyone.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast

Hazard (Cooper gone)

Sorinola

Randell
Houghton

Mumba
New player
New player
Pleggy?