Callum Wright appreciation post | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Callum Wright appreciation post

Oct 31, 2015
So pleased for him after the way he was treated by the previous manager. I will also agree last season he made a difference but for nearly every game this season I've felt the championship is a step too far for him.

Still chuffed to bits for him though with the fantastic assist on Saturday👏

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Really pleased for him. His contribution on Saturday was excellent. But……. I think we need to move beyond the emotion and the vindication that we feel for those slighted by Foster. In aggregate and across as season, do I think Wright is Championship standard? To be honest, I’m not sure he is. We will need cool heads deciding on the squad for next season. Scarr is different for me. He too has limits but he has shown he’s very good in a back 3 and he’s been consistently superb since his return.

Reactions: greengodwin
Feb 24, 2008
Has been unlucky with injury timings and doesn't always look to be putting in 100% effort, but when he is fit and pushes himself, like he did when he came on against Hull, then he is a good player.

Also, I was told he raised the flag on IF to SH, if so we are forever in his debt.
"we are forever in his debt" 😉👍

Reactions: NLG
Feb 16, 2023
Definitely has the talent but far too easily shrugged off the ball for me. Has to strengthen and improve fitness to compete in the Championship - if he does we could have a real player on our hands.

Reactions: McQ
Dec 28, 2023
Wright’s got his own style which I really like.
He’s a creative who’s been short on game time to significantly improve that style.
I like him on and off the pitch, comes across as a lad who can lift people.
Hoping he stays and figures in next seasons plans.

Aug 25, 2023
Wright has had a stop/start season.
He was in the starting 11 at the start of the season, ahead of Azaz and then was a substitute coming on late in games. He picked up an injury but when he returned to fitness Foster froze him out.

I like him and I hope he stays and plays a big part next season.

It didn't seem it at the time on Saturday but Bundu getting injured helped us win the game. No disrespect to Bundu but he would have taken that ball and run at the defence because that's his game, instead Wright looked up and had the vision to cross the perfect ball to Edwards.
Spot on! That’s exactly what I said to my mate. Bundu going off saved us.

Callum Wright gets slated by some as he will lose the ball more often but that’s because he tries to make something happen every time he gets the ball, so at least 2/5 killer passes won’t come off.

He’s the best creative player we’ve got and we rarely looked like scoring when he wasn’t playing. All we had was Miller, the headless chicken! Still a great headless chicken though! 🙂

Feb 27, 2010
It says just how deluded Foster was with his treatment of Wright and especially Scarr, great servants of the club who should have expected better protection from Dewsnip, says a lot about their mentality that they have returned and thrown themselves into the fray to stay up. Well done to both of them for the way they ended the season.

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
Really excellent in a creative role and that is where he should be used. As regards Saturday's cross I wondered what he was doing when he paused with the ball and changed his position, but the answer was to put himself in the perfect poise at the perfect time for the perfect cross for the the racing in Joe. Few members of our squad would have been capable of that.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Really excellent in a creative role and that is where he should be used. As regards Saturday's cross I wondered what he was doing when he paused with the ball and changed his position, but the answer was to put himself in the perfect poise at the perfect time for the perfect cross for the the racing in Joe. Few members of our squad would have been capable of that.
And a lot of fans, (including me at times) moan that players don't move the ball quick enough when they have it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Wright’s got his own style which I really like.
He’s a creative who’s been short on game time to significantly improve that style.
I like him on and off the pitch, comes across as a lad who can lift people.
Hoping he stays and figures in next seasons plans.

Totally agree, he really does cause some havoc with his telling passes.

I think he's way better than some think he is.