Calvin Miller no longer training with Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calvin Miller no longer training with Argyle

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
oldage":1hmscjl2 said:
We can't keep signing players for the sake of it. I am pleasantly shocked that we paid a fee for Cooper but would have preferred it if we had signed Hardie on a permanent deal.

I think we would have been looking at a massive fee to Blackpool to bring Hardie in on a permanent deal. I think the club have played a blinder on both deals.

Jun 27, 2019
Only one game I know but for me he didn't show enough against FGR to suggest he was a starting LWB.

And by the way, RL effectively confirms in that article that Cooper will be our No.1 wingback, contrary to some theories on here. And why wouldn't he be after his performances there last season?

Aug 5, 2016
Justin":1at0rm4o said:
Knibbsworth":1at0rm4o said:
ealinggreen":1at0rm4o said:
I will be a bit disappointed if we cannot come to an agreement with miller, He looked very useful to me.

Miller is rapid but can't cross well, and won't be chipping in with goals.

Whereas Cooper isn't great defensively but is a playmaker who can shoot, cross and create.

We signed the right player in my opinion.

On the contrary, the balls Miller plays into the box are one of his strengths. Definitely of a high calibre. Hopefully he will also sign as he’s a great prospect and can play on either side.

Is this like how you insist Matt Macey was brilliant by how well he was rated by Arsene Wenger and Mikel Arteta, as opposed to what you can see with your eyes? Form and ability as evidenced in an Argyle shirt?

Miller put a fair few crosses in to nowhere against Forest Green. I have watched clips of him in Scotland and these great crosses haven't made the highlights reel as compiled by his agent, which suggests to me he isn't a well known terrific crosser of the ball up north.

He had a trial to demonstrate his quality and obviously didn't do enough to get a good offer out of Ryan Lowe who has instead parted with money to get the skillset you described in George Cooper.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Knibbsworth":y0e1xuvp said:
ealinggreen":y0e1xuvp said:
I will be a bit disappointed if we cannot come to an agreement with miller, He looked very useful to me.

Miller is rapid but can't cross well, and won't be chipping in with goals.

Whereas Cooper isn't great defensively but is a playmaker who can shoot, cross and create.

We signed the right player in my opinion.

Totally agree. 12 assists and 3 goals from mostly LWB in half a season is good enough for me. Best left foot in L1. George Cooper reminds me in playing style a little bit of a David Beckham, has skills but the way he they can cross a whipped Pin point
Ball in is what is so hard to defend against.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Metal_Green_Mickey":1g9f1oqn said:
oldage":1g9f1oqn said:
We can't keep signing players for the sake of it. I am pleasantly shocked that we paid a fee for Cooper but would have preferred it if we had signed Hardie on a permanent deal.

If we signed Miller l guess it’s with the intention of playing at LWB.

I thinking if he signs though one or two more of the youngsters would need to go out on loan.

Probably Ryan Law..