Captains | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captains

Dec 3, 2005
We certainly need a Captain of the quality mentioned, for next season!

We have definately lacked a leader on the pitch, we need someone to kick ass when required and encourage when required.

Dec 30, 2020
Thought Ian Holloway's Argyle side, though they didn't always produce the prettiest football, was packed full of players with the sort of work rate and combativeness that you want from a captain: Wotton, Timar, Nalis, Norris, Hayles. Certainly need a bit more of that spirit next season!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":1ahdcmkr said:
We have an impressive record of promotions when we have centre halves as captains.
No criticism of Gary Sawyer or Joe Edwards, they were/are 100% on the pitch and, I am sure, in training, and well respected by their playing colleagues.
However, we have been so much more successful with a big, powerful, domineering captain in the centre of our defence.

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
I agree. All the players looked up to him, he stood out with his beard (almost unique then)and there was no doubt who was in charge. Led the team through a great promotion season and I can still vividly picture him leading out his team at Home Park through a Torquay guard of honour after promotion had been secured.