Carabao Cup away to L Orient/home to Spurs | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carabao Cup away to L Orient/home to Spurs

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
SeaninStDenys":m7z5t5um said:
And yes to Argyle being like Arsenal. They also both sound poetic backwards... I heard of a Gunner naming his daughter Lanesra and I thought Elygra sounded like a nice name too, not sure my wife agrees.

Remember the story about the Gooners fan naming his child Lenesra, and it wasn't until years later he told his wife why lol

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
SeaninStDenys":gqzwt3e8 said:
And yes to Argyle being like Arsenal. They also both sound poetic backwards... I heard of a Gunner naming his daughter Lanesra and I thought Elygra sounded like a nice name too, not sure my wife agrees.

I’m with your wife on that. Not sure I’d want a daughter whose name sounded like a remedy for erectile dysfunction :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
SeaninStDenys":2zteznl4 said:
Sure I read that the congested fixture list means Tottenham will have a Europa League qualifier the same midweek as the 3rd round, so will probably send out a reserve side against Orient or ourselves, just like Liverpool had to last December when their tie against Aston Villa (a quarter-final?) clashed with the Club World Cup.

I think the Spurs european game is a week earlier: ie the midweek we are playing Leyton Orient so they should send a strong team to face us or Orient.

Aug 10, 2006
bloody marvellous just like Liverpool we have not played spurs since the 60s ……. Chinese.

Jan 16, 2016
Southampton
Tottenham v Lokomotiv Plovdiv is indeed the week we play Orient, well spotted. If they win, they'll have another game the same week they play us or the O's.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
As said already great incentive for us to actually progress past second round since what Holloway's time?

Sky may well fancy the tie for TV whether it's us or Leyton Orient hosting.

A TV game would put i follow out of the equation, but, presumably bring Argyle a reasonable revenue instead.

PL2 - whats this season's rate for EFL Cup?

Certainly national coverage v a Mourinho team would do us no harm. :scarf:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Thursday September 17th – Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Sunday September 20th – Southampton
Tuesday September 22nd – Leyton Orient/Plymouth Argyle
Thursday September 24th – FC Botosani/KF Shkendija

Spurs fixture list. I suspect whether it is us or Orient, you won't be seeing a first team or even mourinho.

Also interesting conflict of interest if Orient, in that Harry Kane funded their main shirt sponsor.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Let's not run too far ahead of ourselves. Orient won away at FGR in their First Round tie. as we discovered from Argyle's friendly against FGR they are a decent team, especially on their home ground.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Yeah start worrying about Spurs IF we get past Orient, they'll be no mugs that's for sure,
Pete

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Can I just clarify....IF we beat Orient and face Spurs in the next round, and then Sky choose to broadcast the match then it won't be available on iFollow will it? (As it's on Sky)

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
yeah that'll be the case.

I figure the club would probably not want it to go on Sky as I imagine the streaming income will be more than what Sky offer.

We got, was it, £30k for the Rovers replay last season, so that's around 5,000 streams (sure we easily get that)