Carey (to Wigan?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey (to Wigan?)

Nov 13, 2008
plymouth
Don't think Carey is good enough for the championship drifts in and out of games to much needs to be more consistent for the championship.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am sure there are numerous players in the Championship who drift in and out too much. I am a bit concerned that one of the teams, at least, will decide that they will take a chance on a player who has drifted in enough to score 15 goals and directly assist with another 16.

I hope that I'm wrong though and that he continues to 'drift' at Home Park.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Will he be able to score or create that many in Leagle 1 or in the Championship?

For all his assists last season what percentage of corners and free-kicks did he take?

How many times did he drift in and fire wide when better placed teammates were waiting for the delivery?

Good player in L1, great player in L2. Not irreplaceable at the level we're moving to.

Feb 2, 2007
I've heard this too- not that well connected but have a couple of contacts who are regularly "behind the scenes" and apparently it is a done deal.

Good luck Graham. Shame my 5 year old loves the Carey chant and I will miss our regular rendition.

Position for a new goal-making and scoring hero at Argyle- Sarcevic?

Feb 2, 2007
Mark Pedlar":3f2egbzw said:
Will he be able to score or create that many in Leagle 1 or in the Championship?

For all his assists last season what percentage of corners and free-kicks did he take?

How many times did he drift in and fire wide when better placed teammates were waiting for the delivery?

Good player in L1, great player in L2. Not irreplaceable at the level we're moving to.

He worked extremely well in Adams "formula" and often drew two or three defenders towards him, making space for others (who quite often failed to exploit!) Doesn't take all the corners. I actually think he will do better in L1 due to more space and players/managers being less wary of his talents. Who knows?

I feel a bit like when Akos left- we were privileged to have such a talent in our midst and I will genuinely wish him well (apart from when he plays Argyle of course!!)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
When playing for us Carey struggled on the heavy pitches during the winter months in both seasons he was here and his form dropped, so he'll have a battle to play well all season on Wigan's rugby pitch, if true.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Would be disappointing if it was Wigan. It's not a big club, it's not a stable environment (their rookie chairman has fired three managers in the past year), it's the same league as us and he has Nick Powell in the same position.

I think we'll see him back at Argyle by January, if it's Wigan he plumps for. Still hope he stays, of course.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Hurts more that it is Paul Cook that could well be taking him off our hands. Class player in league 2 but the jury is out now to see if he can repeat it in league one, for whoever he is playing for.

Good luck to him, we rarely have a player like him, with bags of ability, a match winner who can win you a game out of nothing. You can understand if he wants to move on. Wigan are central in the country, will offer a lot more money than us and have a lot more pedigree than us at this present time.

He will not be easily replaced.

R

rdr123

Can't see him moving to another league 1 Club, although people seem to forget that Mr Purrington basically did! All in all ££££ do the talking!

Feb 2, 2007
I watched the Championship play off final and honestly thought that Carey has all the attributes and quality to hold his own at Champ level. He would see Wigan as having the financial clout for a quick return to Championship, but it would be the money as the ultimate decisive factor.

The step from L1 to Champ is now huge and the relegated clubs from Championship will have a huge financial advantage over the rest and Wigan will be offering GC10 a huge wheelbarrow of used notes to seal the deal