Carl Fletcher (sacked) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carl Fletcher (sacked)

May 16, 2016
Steve Evans":2om5iqmo said:
back in the very dark days when fletcher was appointed as manager i went to the meet the manager evening,it was desperate with about 30-40 of us there on a miserable evening.this is what i can put about that evening :facepalm:

I was at that meeting. He came across as a nice bloke but seemed to be a bit shocked with the size of the Task.

I've mentioned it before , but he said how much more extra money some Players he'd contacted wanted just to come all this way South. He was the best option (mainly financially I'd wager) at that time, I felt he sincerely wanted the job and wanted to do well, but a Rookie Manager with playing duties in a cash strapped struggling Club was only ever going to tread water for so long before going under.

I've no idea what he was up against at Orient but there must be more to his sacking than just his ability as a manager.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tough luck CF. Some Chairmen should attend Cranfield College for management tuition in HR. I am sure being back in Bournemouth will be a lot healthier.

Jun 27, 2019
Leyton Orient = a shitty little club with delusions of grandeur.

I hope this ludicrous decision ends up biting them on the arse big time.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1tmdh6fc said:
gaspargomez":1tmdh6fc said:
On the face of it a ludicrous decision by Leyton Orient. How can a manager prove himself in little more than a month?

Could Fletcher be a candidate for the vacant Argyle academy job ? (although I think Kevin Hodges was also hard done by).
Too late. Argyle have appointed Chris Beard.
Chris has been brought in as Head of Recruitment, Kevin was Academy Director. Different role surely?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Perhaps you are right but the appointment was reported as Head of Academy Recruitment so I assumed that ‘Head’ had the same meaning as ‘Director’.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Ted":3d0ekhsd said:
I think they are completely different jobs

Well just going on the job titles, one heads up the process of recruiting young players from around the region into the academy and the other directs the academy overall. Very different jobs.

May 26, 2015
I'm very sorry to hear that Carl Fletcher has been dismissed by Orient. He did well to keep us in the league in very difficult circumstances and he is a far better manager than Sheridan, or Adams.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
RochdaleGreen":2hnfgmdt said:
I'm very sorry to hear that Carl Fletcher has been dismissed by Orient. He did well to keep us in the league in very difficult circumstances and he is a far better manager than Sheridan, or Adams.

Seems a strange post.

John Sheridan stabilised the club & took us forward achieving year on year improvement. Adams got us promoted and we finished 7th in League 1 under him. Fletcher on the other hand did very well to keep us up, but then was about to take us down the following season. I’m not saying I was the worlds biggest Sheridan fan nor the worlds biggest Adams fan, and I do like Carl Fletcher but both Sheridan & Adams have achieved promotions and have other impressive accomplishments on their CV’s, they can boast a lot more than Fletcher to date, so how are they poorer managers?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Did Carl Fletcher defile the sacred Home Park pitch by moving a white line by 100cm?

I rest my case.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Emeraldinho":oq68vn54 said:
Sacked after just 29 days in the job at Orient! I always thought he was a hopeless manager but sheesh..... :shock:

Not great for Carl. Feel sorry for him.

It’s interesting how often clubs at all levels who have lost an iconic or legendary manager, like the late Justin Edinburgh, Alex Ferguson, Pochetino at Southampton, Wenger, Sturrock, Bobby Robson at Ipswich, I could go on, who then struggle with a series of managers in short succession. Whoever followed JE was going to struggle at Orient, and I hope CF does well elsewhere.