Central League Argyle v Cheltenham | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Central League Argyle v Cheltenham

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
The Press box seemed to be empty today. Unusual. Also thought Law looked really good when he came on. Very positive movements going forward and one superb cross which was converted.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
dave79":2rifj9e6 said:
Cooper on for Macey, Fletcher for Taylor

Cooper on for Macey is an interesting substitution. Is Macey now fighting it out with Cooper for a place on the bench against Cov? or is Macey being rested to take over from Letheren? Or is it just to give Cooper some game time?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sounds like Oscar means business in trying to start against Cov..

Apr 29, 2016
What an enjoyable afternoon with a very strong Argyle team dominating a far weaker Cheltenham team. Dyson was good and grew into the game as his goals gave him confidence. We started with two up front with him playing with Ryan Taylor who also scored and looked really on it today until he went off for Alex Fletcher. Oscar played the whole game starting as a deep midfielder but moving further forward in the second half. He played well but you could see him fighting to make the full 90. Great goal by him from about 22 yards out. The ball struck at about 2 yards above the ground right into the goal.

Dan Rooney started and always impresses me although he did get caught in possession a couple of times. The back four looked very composed but had little to do. Macey had even less to do today but did come out to dominate his area on a couple of occasions to intercept crosses. Scorers: Taylor, own goal, Dyson (3), Oscar, Jephcott.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
philmeboots":1sdaizci said:
What an enjoyable afternoon with a very strong Argyle team dominating a far weaker Cheltenham team. Dyson was good and grew into the game as his goals gave him confidence. We started with two up front with him playing with Ryan Taylor who also scored and looked really on it today until he went off for Alex Fletcher. Oscar played the whole game starting as a deep midfielder but moving further forward in the second half. He played well but you could see him fighting to make the full 90. Great goal by him from about 22 yards out. The ball struck at about 2 yards above the ground right into the goal.

Dan Rooney started and always impresses me although he did get caught in possession a couple of times. The back four looked very composed but had little to do. Macey had even less to do today but did come out to dominate his area on a couple of occasions to intercept crosses. Scorers: Taylor, own goal, Dyson (3), Oscar, Jephcott.

Thanks for the synopsis.. much appreciated!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
JannerinCardiff":chdhx3ku said:
dave79":chdhx3ku said:
Cooper on for Macey, Fletcher for Taylor

Cooper on for Macey is an interesting substitution. Is Macey now fighting it out with Cooper for a place on the bench against Cov? or is Macey being rested to take over from Letheren? Or is it just to give Cooper some game time?

Macey is coming back from injury I would have been more surprised if Cooper had started or completed the whole game

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I saw the game today, and I must say Ainsworth was outstanding & was a very good contender for man of the match.
I also felt Oscar is not yet fully match fit.
Adams was sat with Wotton in the Devonport end