Championship Game of Interest tonight -- 26/04/24 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Championship Game of Interest tonight -- 26/04/24

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
QPR with the 2nd worst home record in the Championship
Massive result for them if they hold on

Mar 20, 2023
QPR winning is better for Argyle...
Hear me out....

Leeds defeat gives Ipswich a boost to know promotion could be in their hands.
Meaning they will go all out to beat Hull.

Which could then mean Hull have nothing to play for when they travel to Home Park on final day.
Ipswich will also be going hell for leather to beat Huddersfield on the last day.
It’s really not, Ipswich already had it in their own hands as they were a point behind Leeds with a game in hand before tonight. Leeds losing means they can get promotion at Coventry in mid week, meaning they’ll be out celebrating before the last game against Huddersfield and then play them knowing they are up and not needing any result.

Oct 1, 2013
It’s really not, Ipswich already had it in their own hands as they were a point behind Leeds with a game in hand before tonight. Leeds losing means they can get promotion at Coventry in mid week, meaning they’ll be out celebrating before the last game against Huddersfield and then play them knowing they are up and not needing any result.
I disagree... they will want the title.
They didnt get last season and this presents another opportunity.

Anyway - my post was a little tounge-in-cheek and all ifs, buts and maybes! Not to be taken too seriously.

The cold hard facts for Argyle is that regardless of anyone elses scores we really need to pick up points tomorrow - preferably 3!

Aug 4, 2011
QPR playing with a great tempo and energy, their new Gaffer has really installed a work ethic into all their squad.
To think, we were about to go 10 POINTS clear of QPR with a better goal difference in mid February until that ludicrous goal against Coventry. I thought it at the time, even more so now - but that ridiculous drop of 2 points will come back to haunt us

Sep 28, 2022
Leicester are up guaranteed with this result, but honestly who really cares in this part of the world?. I don't care about Ipswich or Leeds either unless they are playing against us. All these so called permutations are totally irrelevant, sorry.

• Snore
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
QPR playing with a great tempo and energy, their new Gaffer has really installed a work ethic into all their squad.
To think, we were about to go 10 POINTS clear of QPR with a better goal difference in mid February until that ludicrous goal against Coventry. I thought it at the time, even more so now - but that ridiculous drop of 2 points will come back to haunt us
I wish people would stop beating themselves up like this.

If Argyle stay up will we, for example, be saying thank gawd Whittaker scored that 96th minute winner at home to Rotherham on the 16th December to gain those vital two extra points?

No, because it doesn't work like that. One result potentially changes all future results because the players and management are in a different state of mind depending on the situation they now find themselves in.

Mar 3, 2021
We need to earn our status in this division by getting the points ourselves not relying on other teams doing the job for us. On our past three months looking very unlikely

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Aug 4, 2011
I wish people would stop beating themselves up like this.

If Argyle stay up will we, for example, be saying thank gawd Whittaker scored that 96th minute winner at home to Rotherham on the 16th December to gain those vital two extra points?

No, because it doesn't work like that. One result potentially changes all future results because the players and management are in a different state of mind depending on the situation they now find themselves in.
But I think we realized at the time how pivotal it could be given our following run of home games. Guess nobody would’ve thought it would be 5 straight losses and no goals scored. I was raging at the time and memories of the Bristol Rovers 2-2 flooded back. So I’m not so much cherry picking one incident or one result looking back, as at the time I thought it could be pivotal. Credit to QPR though, they are flying