Charlton away (sold out) | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Aug 5, 2015
I shared the train home to Bromley with some Charlton fans. They hadn’t seen their team perform that well all season and they commiserated with me. Shame their good form coincided with what can only be described as an off day by our team. Let’s just hope it was an off day. Not looking forward to Wednesday evening when I get to have a drink with a massive Charlton fan who told me the week before they stood no chance and all we had to do was turn up. Unfortunately our team didn’t turn up

Jan 6, 2004
metroace":arblkxpv said:
Green_Flash":arblkxpv said:
I don't agree it was the score line necessarily, when we had a rare good phase of attacking football the crowd was right behind them. The problem was that our first shot on target came almost with the last kick of the game. There was not much to cheer.

Surely the first shot on target was in the first half when their keeper pushed that shot to his left and it came off his post.

Possibly, as everyone was standing I didn't get a good view and assumed it just hit the post - largely because BBC said we had only one shot on target all game. I am happy to stand corrected though.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Green_Flash":2bg2hfk4 said:
metroace":2bg2hfk4 said:
Green_Flash":2bg2hfk4 said:
I don't agree it was the score line necessarily, when we had a rare good phase of attacking football the crowd was right behind them. The problem was that our first shot on target came almost with the last kick of the game. There was not much to cheer.

Surely the first shot on target was in the first half when their keeper pushed that shot to his left and it came off his post.

Possibly, as everyone was standing I didn't get a good view and assumed it just hit the post - largely because BBC said we had only one shot on target all game. I am happy to stand corrected though.

It is in the highlights on iPlayer and YouTube.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Neither do I but I did this time to catch what I couldn’t see due to the manchildren standing up.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
esmer":gtausvz7 said:
Argy1e":gtausvz7 said:
esmer":gtausvz7 said:
mervyn":gtausvz7 said:
Forest of Dean Green":gtausvz7 said:
Overall, not a great away day. Lovely walk alongside the Thames between Blackfriars and London Bridge Poiled by the flattest of flat games and atmospheres. The weather was dull and listless and airless and tbh dampened the mood before I even went in the ground. Personally, I like to sit as well when I have a seat, and stand when it’s a terrace. All of this is more reason to say we are grown up enough now to experiment with mixing the two. All seating did its job for a goodly while, but we are in a different place now.

Funny you should say this, I arrived at the ground thinking, ‘bugger, this is Wembley Mark 2, same flat, grey, lifeless weather, flat atmosphere, same slow out of the blocks, and same 2-0 result.
The atmosphere was awful, probably a lot to do with the fact that half of the fans were p1ssed of at being made to stand up.
I think it was more to do with the fact we were 1-0 down after 3 minutes.
Isn't that when the team need the fans to get behind them? It's easy supporting your team when you are winning but when it's not going so well the noise levels drop away dramatically.
Yes, it is. But Argyle fans don't. When we go a goal behind the atmosphere drops dramatically because people stop joining in.

Mar 18, 2014
Cork_screw......................it's called sarcasm, or are you really that dim that you think people in wheelchairs stood up to watch the match.
I've read such a totally stupid reply.

It was sarcasm pointed at those arguing that it is OK to stand, no matter who's view they are blocking.

Jeez, I despair that anyone could read it otherwise. Football fans - not the brightest bunch.

Oct 16, 2016
Weather, pi££ heads, standing, sitting

Argyle were absolutely garbage, Charlton were good, we lost

Basic stuff

Jun 2, 2016
Vampires11":1wb2bu6i said:
Cork_screw......................it's called sarcasm, or are you really that dim that you think people in wheelchairs stood up to watch the match.
I've read such a totally stupid reply.

It was sarcasm pointed at those arguing that it is OK to stand, no matter who's view they are blocking.

Jeez, I despair that anyone could read it otherwise. Football fans - not the brightest bunch.

Calm down, darling.
No need to be so disagreeable - especially when you've firmly grasped the wrong end of the stick. Really no idea where you've got the above from - bizarre.